EMEA Project Delivery Manager
Remote, Remote - United Kingdom
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Project Delivery Manager (PDM) must be capable of working on their own initiative to provide project management for the deployment of physical security solutions and connected to our client. As the PDM, you will retain full project oversight from commencement, through delivery (including management of SecurityDevices Vendor) system validation and close out. You will ensure delivery of the service complies with all client standards, systems requirements, budgets, and timelines. Working as part of a team you will be supported by colleagues who will provide technical oversight, design verification, CAD, consulting, commissioning, and system engineering duties.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- As the EMEA Project Delivery Manager for physical security ensure you maintain currency (working practices, risk, threat, regulatory, standards, technology) to ensure you can deliver the essential skills required by your role.
- Deputise for the Pinkerton EMEA Supplier Manager in their absence.
- Provide project delivery services to Security Operations Centre for all projects (ensuring compliance with global requirements, standards, processes, cost, and quality is maintained throughout).
- Maintain accurate, up to date trackers/reporting tools and provide Daily, Weekly, Monthly reporting metrics demonstrating your activity, value, and impact.
- Mitigate any associated risks and develop (with the appointed installation provider) a coordinated project schedule/plan.
- Ensure all stakeholders have a clear understanding of the scope of the project, its deliverables, interdependencies, timelines, and costs Attend and lead all assigned EMEA project related calls/meetings as required.
- Manage third party security vendor compliance and deliverables under their specific project deliverables and requirements.
- Ensure that all documentation is accurate, provided in the correct format and within agreed timescales for final close out.
- Capture all snagging items, which have failed validation. Communicate the corrective actions with timelines and manage the successful revalidation of these devices through to completion.
- Following successful validation, co-ordinate the turnover of the system to the Security Operations Centre for signal acceptance and monitoring.
- Conduct a post project debrief with the Group Manager, capture lessons learnt, assessing the overall performance of the appointed installation provider and present recommendations for consideration.
- Support the EMEA Supplier Manager with managing the EMEA approved security device/vendor list by providing feedback and input on supplier/device performance with recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Support special projects as instructed by the EMEA Supplier Manager.
- Progress chase and escalate all unresolved outstanding issues which fall outside of the service level agreement to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Support with audits as instructed.
- All other duties assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have Advanced Level Exams or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Advanced Level Exams with 5+ years of experience in a Security Consulting or Project Management Role - managing the deployment of physical security systems.
- Accountable - You take ownership of issues, responsibility for your actions, decisions and their outcomes and hold yourself accountable for what you commit to.
- Adaptable - You adapt quickly to variations in your work and your effectiveness isn't impacted by change.
- You embrace change in a positive manner, remain flexible and versatile and act as an advocate for change.
- Analytical - You gather and analyse information from different viewpoints before using your judgement to make effective, logical, informed decisions.
- Commercial - You can evaluate what represents best economic or best value for the customer.
- Commitment - You are self-motivated to achieve a goal, maintaining dedication to your cause despite obstacles and frustrations. You are persistent and remain focused on the task at hand.
- Communicator - You communicate clearly and effectively information, thoughts, and ideas, verbally or in writing. You simplify complexities and adapt the communication appropriately so others can understand.
- Customer Focused - You continually assess, explore better ways, and propose new ideas to serve our customers. By ensuring their needs are at the centre of everything we do and providing a positive experience in delivery of our service.
- Detail Orientated - You focus on detail and ensure a right first-time approach by making sure your work is accurate and error free. You follow processes, operating firmly within set standards, rules, and guidelines.
- Learner - You are inquisitive and committed to learning new skills or knowledge in development of yourself.
- Organiser - You can prioritise workload and plan accordingly to maximise time and productivity by converting your resources into results in the most efficient and economical way.
- Preventer - You look ahead anticipating, identifying, and addressing risks or problems before they happen. You maintain your composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances, remaining professional always.
- Relationship Management - You maintain and improve business relationships for mutual benefit, maintaining trust, communicating frequently and managing expectations. You can influence and gain others support through articulation and rationale you gain their agreement.
- Team Player - You work well as part of the team, supporting all members and strive to ensure the team pulls together and is effective. You treat everyone with respect, accepting them for who they are always and treating them fairly. Through listening and active encouragement, you will create an environment for all to contribute.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as needed, including holidays and/or weekends.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.