Training and Education Manager
Seattle, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Training and Education Manager will oversee learning and development activities. The Manager will be involved in cross-functional and cross-jurisdictional work for a globally dispersed team. The role will include designing, implementing and managing a learning and development framework that includes key aspects of our service delivery, compliance, induction, on-the-job, skills development, professional development and value-add training.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Full development of a global learning and development syllabus using a variety of learning methods (including LMS platforms).
- Design and ownership of the learning and development program and associated outcomes and alignment of program with strategic objectives, operational requirements and client requirements.
- Address deficiencies in training needs, gap analysis, development and/or delivery of training.
- Conduct and/or oversee the delivery of workplace training and the development for all staff associated with the service delivery.
- Development and deployment of alternative or improved methods of training and development (i.e. online, distance-learning, workshop, etc.).
- Management of training records and systems to monitor and report on training compliance.
- Liaison with key stakeholders, including those responsible for learning and development regionally and globally.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of learning and development practices.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree in business, instructional design, education, organizational development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Seven or more years of experience within a large progressive corporate training department is required.
- Experience within a corporate training department; global experience, preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and manage teams.
- Advanced knowledge of training and development principles, methodologies, and techniques including adult learning theory and instructional design principles.
- Budget experience, preferred.
- Able to create effective training classes from concept to successful implementation.
- Effective communication skills, at all levels within the organization, and across diverse cultures.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Analytical thinker; able to anticipate, evaluate, and create innovative solutions.
- Solid presentation skills; confident public speaking ability.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.