Security Consultant - India
Hyderabad, Telangana - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Security Consultant-India will act as a single point of contact for all Electronic physical security requirements including consulting, design, and development of detailed scope of works, managing tender processes, evaluation of RFP returns and overseeing project implementation and approval of change controls. The Security Consultant will ensure the timely delivery of projects to the internal and external stakeholders' satisfaction.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Manage multiple active security systems design and installation projects across states within India.
- Coordinate and manage vendors to meet deliverable timelines.
- Create project scope of work documents and evaluate vendor bids for correctness and compliance to global standard/requirements for the new addition, relocation, or removal to the clients' security systems.
- Conduct thorough audit/security design of the physical security processes and systems in client-owned and leased sites.
- Detail the survey and audit findings in a report that identifies security modifications or recommendations and provides an overall narrative summary.
- Interact with client employees, vendors, project stakeholders, Security Operations Team, Investigations Team, and security integrators/vendors in a professional manner through e-mail, telephone, and person to person contact. Collaborates with other clients, and peer groups for contribution to organizational goals.
- Provide consulting services to Real Estate and Facilities (RE&F) for new projects and ensuring compliance of GSDR is maintained.
- Provide RE&F with cost estimates for planning on new projects (Project Expenditure Request Input).
- Provide inputs to improve regional standards and process documentation.
- Attend all India projects design conference calls.
- Provide guidance and support to the assigned India Security Project manager.
- Support Security Operations Team with security audits, remedial costs, and audit planning material.
- Oversight on construction and installation works, and other service-related activities.
- Document and implement design changes on projects.
- Ensure subcontractor's construction schedule is maintained and coordinate task scheduling with other trades and subcontractors through the security project manager.
- Evaluate the performance of the security vendor/subcontractor throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensure proper job management and cost control by reviewing all project documentation at various stages within a project life cycle.
- Thoroughly investigate and document all deficiencies in processes and security systems implemented at various sites.
- Present a professional image of the organization when speaking to customers, subcontractors, and all levels of internal and external employees.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a Graduate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in India.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Must be a technical graduate with a minimum of eight years of experience in electronic security systems.
- Strong Electronic technical security experience.
- Ability to lead a team in analytical planning and possess problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of security operations, design, and systems integration.
- Must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD for the creation and manipulation of 2D security layout designs.
- Good understanding and experience in Project Management.
- Strong customer service and service delivery skills.
- Ability to work and interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management skills including directing & coordinating virtual teams to achieve deliverables.
- Knowledge of local code/regulation/legislation in India.
- Ability to define and develop solutions to achieve business needs.
- Ability to conduct oral presentations and group meetings.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and comfortable being a hands-on manager who has demonstrated management and supervisory skills.
- Actively acquires knowledge of new technologies and products.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards which may include background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- On-call availability, and capability of handling irregular working hours (occasional).
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint), Google Chrome, Drive.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.