Human Resources Specialist- East
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Human Resources Specialist will support the East region's Human Resources Director by performing a variety of functions including: recruiting, new hire paperwork, existing employee changes, employee relations, benefitprogram administration and reporting. As a trusted business partner, the Specialist responds quickly to senior management's requests and proactively communicates with the field Directors regarding their employees andor open requisitions.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures.In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Serve as a trusted business partner to the region's senior management team and field Directors.
- Assist with the East region's recruiting activities;
- Manage requisitions within the applicant tracking system (ATS), create job descriptions, and complete candidate review and phone screens.
- Initiate and complete new hire onboarding workflows based on position and status.
- Process, review, and approve pre-employment background and drug screenings.
- Ensure all disclosures, policy sign-offs, and license/certification requirements are completed and maintained.
- Update the hiring managers on new hire statuses.
- Follow-up with new hires to ensure all basic questions/concerns have been addressed.
- Escalate all remaining new hire/existing employee questions to the regional Human Resources Director.
- Assist with the completion of weekly recruitment-related reporting.
- Enter new employee data into payroll system and internal tracking spreadsheets.
- Complete new hire checklists and create personnel files in accordance to established processes and compliance requirements.
- Assist with employee changes, promotions, and terminations and prepare necessary paperwork.
- Compile data from personnel records and/or payroll software to create reports, as requested.
- Assist in FMLA, ADA, personal leaves;
- Manage timely communication with employees and maintain documentation, as required by applicable laws/regulations.
- Assist in worker's compensation claims;
- Manage timely communication with employees and maintain documentation, as required by state/federal regulations.
- Assist the regional Human Resource Director with benefit open enrollment process including employee communication and document maintenance.
- Actively participate in department process improvements.
- Assist the Human Resources department with special projects, as needed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug screen and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree with at least three years of human resources and recruiting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Human resources and recruitment experience.
- PHR or SHRM-CP, preferred.
- ATS experience.
- Able to multi-task and manage competing deadlines/priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Results driven.
- Able to maintain professional composure when dealing with stressful situations.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.