Human Resources Specialist- East
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Human Resources Specialist, an entry level position, will support the East region by primarily performing all recruiting and hiring activities. Over time, this role will be mentored by the Human Resources Director to learn and assist with traditional HR responsibilities such as employee changes, general employee relations, benefit/program administration, and reporting. As a trusted business partner, the Specialist responds quickly to management requests and proactively communicates with the field Directors regarding their employees and/or open requisitions.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Serve as a trusted business partner to the region's senior management team and field Directors.
- Oversee the East region's recruiting/hiring activities with guidance from the East region HR Director and the Global Director- Talent Acquisition;
- Manage requisitions within the applicant tracking system (ATS), create job descriptions, and complete candidate review and phone screens.
- Initiate and complete new hire onboarding workflows based on position and status.
- Process, review, and approve pre-employment background and drug screenings.
- Ensure all disclosures, policy signoffs, and license/certification requirements are completed and maintained.
- Update the hiring managers on new hire statuses.
- Follow-up with new hires to ensure all basic questions/concerns have been addressed.
- Escalate all remaining new hire/existing employee questions to the East region Human Resources Director.
- Complete new hire checklists and create personnel files in accordance to established processes and compliance requirements.
- Assist with the completion of weekly recruitment-related reporting.
- Enter new employee data into payroll system and internal tracking spreadsheets.
- Learn Pinkerton's processes for traditional HR responsibilities with guidance from the East region Human Resources Director;
- Process employee changes process and assist with related paperwork.
- Assist with FMLA, ADA, personal leaves and manage timely communication with employees while maintaining documentation, as required by applicable laws/regulations.
- Assist with worker's compensation claims and manage timely communication with employees while maintaining documentation, as required by state/federal regulations.
- Assist with benefit open enrollment process including employee communication and document maintenance.
- Actively participate in department process improvements.
- Assist the Human Resources department with special projects, as needed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Associate degree in Human Resources Management and/or HR-related certifications. A combination of education and/or one year of human resources and recruiting experience is required, as sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
On-the-job or degree experience related to human resources and recruitment processes.
- ATS and/or HCM system experience, preferred.
- Able to multi-task and manage competing deadlines/priorities.
- Willing to learn and accept guidance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Results driven.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.