SEA Security & Data Manager
Singapore, Central Singapore - Singapore
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The SEA Security & Data Manager, reporting to the Executive Director SEA, Office of Global Security, will head a security team of 15 to 25 security officers responsible for ensuring the security and safety of the client's locationsfacilities, property, and employees.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Ensure 24/7 shift coverage across two client sites.
- Delivery of security responsibilities at both sites; ensure access management systems and processes are adhered to.
- Manage the effective security response to all alarms impacting client space.
- Coordinate security response to local issues and incidents impacting the security and safety environment.
- Oversee the life safety response capabilities and responsibilities within client space.
- Manage patrol protocols together with periodic system and equipment checks to ensure all security dependencies are in good working order and any defects, risks are identified and remediated in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Implement team training and drilling initiatives to drive and reinforce core competency capabilities.
- Partner with global security management to identify core function process, performance, and productivity gains.
- Monitor and driving team performance to meet and exceed the client's global security requirements.
- Identify and escalate any breaches or areas of concern relating to the client's personnel, procedures, or systems.
- Provide, by way of example, guidance and engagement, leadership to the team that best enables team members to achieve individual potential and realize best practice delivery to client.
- Ensure that all security-related reports are compiled and submitted, as required.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a University Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age requirements.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Singapore.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree and at least five years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with security control room and access management procedures and CCTV systems.
- Familiar with operational elements of fire detection and suppression systems.
- First Aid and AED accreditation required.
- Previous security management experience.
- Ability to organize workload for effective implementation.
- Strong client and results orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Able to implement changes to operations and external/internal environment.
- Able to speak Bahasa Indonesia will be added advantage
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong multi-task ability and time management skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and kneeling.
- Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.