Site Security Specialist
Hyderabad, Telangana - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Site Security Specialist provides comprehensive security management support to ensure the security and safety of company assets, associates, information and interests in the defined area as well as provides security consulting and risk management services for company interests notably in all locations.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Responsible for comprehensive security practices implementation.
- Establish relationship with external stakeholders like business center security teams, external security experts, law enforcement agencies, regulators etc.
- Provide training, coaching and supervision to internal staff.
- Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards under minimal supervision.
- Manage security and investigation projects.
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal Physical Security clients and external clients across Company, as needed.
- Provide advice and counsel on complex physical security, internal fraud investigations or prevention, life safety risk, fire safety, crisis management, and emergency response issues.
- Establish partnerships with other site Physical Security Specialists and external clients on the security and safety-related aspects.
- Assist the security manager in monitoring progress against strategic plans.
- Maintain report metrics through collecting data from different resources.
- Ensure work performed meets or exceeds established timelines, quality standards, and maintains review processes to ensure adherence.
- Conduct periodic site risk assessments, security audits, and fire safety drills.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have Graduate or Equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in India.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Graduate or postgraduate with five to eight years of experience in security management, investigations, security risk consulting.
- Security management, investigations, and risk consulting experience.
- Strong knowledge of integrated physical security, life safety, fire safety and emergency management systems.
- Hands on experience on handling of security equipment, like CCTV, Access control, barriers, intruder/fire alarms, fire fighting equipment, GPS monitoring, DFMD, HHMD, and control panels.
- Project management skills.
- Demonstrate strong work ethics, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.