GSOC Manager- Redmond
Redmond, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The GSOC Manager- Redmond has high visibility with the client with direct responsibility for the effective operations and leadership of the client's Global Security Operations Centers (GSOC) primarily in Redmond, Washington. The GSOC Manager- Redmond leads change initiatives and implementation, cross-team and cross-discipline collaboration, maintenance of internal and external stakeholder relationships, has a direct client relationship, and coordinates training and education with the GSOC Training & Compliance Manager.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Manage the development of assigned personnel through mentoring, coaching, and training.
- Ensure the team meets or exceeds established customer service standards and service level agreements, and achieves goals and objectives.
- Provide, or coordinate provision of, metrics to senior manager and/or the client in an effective, accurate, and timely manner.
- Manage appropriate staffing levels, in collaboration with management as necessary;
- Ensure scheduling is managed effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs.
- Assist the Senior Account Manager with the hiring process.
- Conduct business case analysis and both write and use business cases to effectively facilitate planning goals.
- Design and implement innovative initiatives to continually improve the GSOC.
- Develop measurable key performance indicators and deliver status reports, business metrics, and business plans.
- Facilitate problem definition and analysis.
- Act as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, procedures and systems.
- Assist with procedural review, analysis, and development.
- Provide the client and management with requested information, data, reports, etc.
- Explore and adopt changing technology in preparation for and to accommodate evolving company needs.
- Collaborate with the GSOC Training & Compliance Manager and the GSOC Global Sr. Program Manager to maintain and update the training program as needed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree with two years of experience in leading operation type centers or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Extensive experience in a leadership role in a high risk and liability, and rapidly changing environment.
- Complex project management experience including new technology training and implementation within a 24/7/365 environment.
- Extensive experience using quality assurance techniques and strategies to monitor team performance, and compliance with contractually set Service Level Agreements.
- Experience working with certifications and audits, preferably for self-monitoring of life safety and asset protection centric alarms and signals.
- Monitor, coach, and develop employees up to expected performance standards.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able and willing to adopt new technologies.
- Able to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Able to interact effectively at all social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to analyze, prioritize, and carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office,Visio, and SharePoint.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, including international, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.