Security Project Manager
Kalamazoo, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Project Manager will determine priorities, review resource allocations, monitor progress, lead a team of project coordinators, and communicate statuses to ensure the timely completion of assigned projects.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Support management through strategic project planning and coordination to meet commitments on time and within resource limitations;
- Determine requirements, establish priorities, and monitor progress.
- Create charts, graphs, and tracking tools.
- Meet regularly with Pinkerton management and client representatives for status updates;
- Address any actual or potential issues and make changes, as needed.
- Provide support during client service level changes.
- Plan, assign, and direct project-related work; coach coordinators and support staff as appropriate in carrying out their respective responsibilities.
- Assist in development and administration of project budgets.
- Coordinate short-term and multi-year projects.
- Assist management in maintaining a positive and professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures; ensure staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provide input for company initiatives.
- Promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Maintain documentation throughout the project lifecycle, ensure timely, clear, and concise communications to all stakeholders via the appropriate channels.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug screen and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of professional security and business management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Expert in physical security capable of site comprehensive vulnerability assessment.
- Project and/or business management experience.
- Able to manage multiple projects and large-scale tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Able to track and maintain schedule assignments.
- Demonstrated analytical expertise; accurately draw conclusions through synthesizing raw data and information.
- Serve as a positive and effective team leader.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels of an organization and across diverse cultures.
- Client and results orientated.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.