Background Screener/Analyst - Asia
Singapore, Central Singapore - Singapore
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Background Screening Analyst will review and evaluate background screening results, for the Asia region, provided by a third-party supplier, the employee candidate andor various other third party record providers. The position will maintain key relationships with various stakeholders in order to provide responsive and timely processing of background screenings.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essentia
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately.The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Verify and/or analyse education and employment information provided by candidate.
- Work with the third-party screening vendor to identify and/or analyse discrepancies in information submitted by candidates.
- Archive and maintain copies of the final reports of background screenings, in line with guidance provided on local Data Protection Legislation and guidance.
- Assist in compliance auditing.
- Assess and escalate issues with background screening records and program processes to the Regional Operations Manager for advice and direction.
- Handle and secure personal data according to regional/country requirements.
- Develop and train new background screening staff on day to day screening analysis processes.
- Identify and raise process and programmatic ideas for refinement.
- Assist with regional process and program standardization initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with the other Regional Background Screening teams in order to share knowledge, good practice and provide support where required.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have Advanced Level Exams or equivalent qualification.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Singapore.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Minimum high school diploma, preference two years of work experience in a background screening or similar industry. Either a Singapore citizen or valid authorization to work in Singapore should apply.
- Ability to learn new technically involved tasks as needed.
- Ability to identify key issues and escalate as needed with priority to many escalation points of contacts.
- Ability to work in a team environment and able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with external teams in a professional and courteous manner.
- Able to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Positive customer service experience with strong listening skills and patience.
- Developed computer skills with proficient knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while effectively making decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient problem solving, analysis and research skills.
- Ability to work professionally and productively with others
- Well-developed organizational skills and attention to details.
- Capable of working under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach with clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, and running, climbing, squatting, and kneeling.
- Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Travel, as required
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.