Regional Supply Chain Security Consultant
Mumbai, Maharashtra - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Regional Supply Chain Security Consultant will be responsible for leading the regional implementation and execution of strategic and tactical operations intended to ensure the end-to-end efficient and secure movement of CLIENT'S COVID-19 vaccine, products, and materials, provide effective security risk management, and promote engagement and awareness of associated issues within the region.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) function
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties, or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Protect patient safety and securing the supply chain against illicit actions, product theft, missing or lost shipments, terrorism, and unauthorized activities that threaten product integrity including compromises of supply chain information.
- Act as Supply Chain Security liaison officer with Make, Deliver, Quality, Transportation, Warehousing, Brand Protection, Risk Management, Compliance, business development, customer service, and other related and other supply chain representatives.
- Conduct thorough security assessments, and due diligence investigations in compliance with the Global Security standards of existing and new suppliers and providers involved in the COVID-19 vaccine and to provide recommendations to enhance the security conditions at the site/operation.
- Conduct interviews with corporate personnel and visits to their offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses, and associated facilities, transportation, and storage to monitor the integrity of the manufacturing, warehouses, and distribution centers.
- Manage regional execution of initiatives to identify and enhance protection of supply chain operations and products categorized as “high value”.
- Obtain, research, and disseminate supply chain security regional and local intelligence as directed.
- Interface regularly with insurers representatives to maintain reasonable and acceptable compliance with their supply chain security requirements.
- Act as a principal security liaison officer with regional, country, local, state, and federal law enforcement officials and agencies as it would relate to supply chain security programs.
- Conduct and/or coordinate investigations into events that involve supply chain security issues.
- Provide training to local employees and contracted service providers that would relate to supply chain security procedures and protocols.
- Remain current with the newest technological advances within the supply chain security discipline.
- Participate in associated seminars, conferences, workshops, and like events as they would relate to the supply chain and physical security disciplines.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a Graduate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in India.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of ten years of experience in conducting investigations and collaborating with law enforcement personnel with at least five years in a management role in law enforcement and/or Security along with considerable knowledge of both physical and technical security systems, capabilities, and vulnerabilities within the corporate environment.
- Ability to conduct Investigations supporting or generating case reports for criminal and civil enforcement actions.
- Ability to liaison with local authorities, government bodies, and statuary vendors.
- General understanding of supply chain operations, logistics, warehousing, all modes of transportation, and freight forwarding.
- Knowledge and experience in physical security principles and security risk assessment methodologies.
- Working understanding of industry best and recommended supply chain security practices.
- Understanding of Intelligence and Risk Management methodologies.
- Professional experience preferably within the pharmaceutical industry with a General understanding of pharmaceutical operations and related supply chains including regulatory requirements (i.e GxP, CTPAT, AEO, PIP, etc) and security plans is preferred.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and project coordination skills.
- Effective interaction at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team member and handle projects responsibly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both written and oral.
- Able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards which may include background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- On-call availability, and capability of handling irregular working hours (occasional).
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint), Google Chrome, Drive.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.