Intelligence Collection Manager
Menlo Park, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Intelligence Collection Manager, assigned to a specific client, will manage multiple platforms and lead intelligence-related tasks, collection strategies, and source. The Collection Manager will drive communication and idea development across the organization while delivering conclusions on all projects.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide expertise and assistance for creation of collection strategies, postures, and plans.
- Produce timely, useful, and tailored intelligence reports and threat assessments.
- Monitor all-source information to proactively identify and assess threats that could potentially impact the client's global operations.
- Support an environment of protecting the client's employees, assets, and reputation through pro-active intelligence reporting, information sharing, and partnering with cross-functional partners.
- Provide guidance and interpretation regarding security intel and practices and programs to support operational planning teams.
- Assess security vulnerabilities, implement programs to address the concerns, and influence stakeholders and external partners, as required.
- Appropriately leverage resources, technology, information, and tactics in a manner that protects reputation and minimizes risk.
- Maintain data and utilize performance intelligence to assess program metrics, calibrate direction and demonstrate value to external partners.
- Serve as project leader, participating in cross-program and collaborative team meetings.
- Create, develop, and coordinate all source collection requirements.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Political Science, or a related field of study with at least eight years of risk intelligence/analysis experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Risk intelligence/analysis experience.
- Law enforcement, military, intelligence, and/or corporate security experience.
- Global security experience, preferred.
- Security/intelligence accreditations, preferred.
- Multiple language proficiency, preferred.
- Able to work independently while managing multiple assignments with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Strong project planning and implementation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify complex security issues and customize, implement/execute innovative processes and solutions.
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Serve as a positive and effective team member.
- Able to serve as a team/project leader, as needed.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with the client, internal, and external professional stakeholders.
- Knowledge of industry and technology, data bases, and applications.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to respond to security emergencies with flexible work hours.
- Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- 24/7 availability year round.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various international countries.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.