Licensing & Compliance Manager
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Licensing & Compliance Manager is responsible ensuring compliance with general corporate licensing requirements that includes special licenses needed at the state, and local levels for private investigator and security guard companies and individual employees. The Manager provides support to General Counsel regarding compliance with additional key regulations and implementing controls.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop user-friendly procedures to track and record up to date information on necessary license for the Company and each required employee to fulfill including;
- Obligations in each state of operation.
- Maintain and update licensing database.
- Create tickler and calendar for renewals.
- Collaborate with Agents and other operations employees to complete license renewals.
- Collaborate with vendor management team to create and audit vendor licensing verification programs.
- Stay up to date with changes in licensing regulations and develop local knowledge and expertise in managing problem in the licensing process.
- Research and summarize licensing requirements for General Counsel and effected management.
- Assist Legal team in developing key knowledge for compliance with GDPR and other privacy laws.
- Maintain company-wide listing of active state, local or other licenses that include requirements for renewal.
- Prepare and submit application for and the timely renewal of Company and relevant employee licenses;
- Support and assist employees with licensing renewal application processes.
- Fulfill Company's obligation with online filing and necessary documentation for the sponsorship of new employee state licenses.
- Keep all impacted parties informed as to the current status of pending license applications
- Facilitate the development of an effective means to track deadlines for regulatory filings and reports.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree and three to five years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to analyze complex situations and recommend solutions.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.