Accountant - Czech Republic
Prague, Praha 2 - Czech Republic
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Accountant is responsible for managing and providing support and guidance to professionals and a region team on matters related to the financial side of business management. As a key member of the Region team, you will help drive effectiveness and efficiency in financial-related issues and how they affect Region operations. You will interact heavily with the Europe team of the company to ensure that each geographic area of the Region is aligned with corporate goals. The Accountant will contribute to business growth, while ensuring fiduciary responsibility.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives?
TheEssential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provides leadership, ensuring that performance is aligned with the mission and values of the organization.
- Is responsible for overall (financial) reporting and ensures that timely, accurate and complete information is provided in accordance with established procedures and protocols.
- Work closely with the Europe Accounting & Finance teams and play an important role during the month end closing process.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the region's performance metrics, budgets, and forecasts.
- Collaborate with the Europe Accounting team to help the Region achieve its DSO and Bad Debt targets.
- Drive initiatives, which lead to improvements in operational systems and processes, while ensuring the implementation of best practices.
- Collaborate with the Region's leadership in formulating SLAs, escalation standards, and guidelines with a focus on operational & financial accuracy and effectiveness.
- Lead initiatives to enhance brand performance, functioning as an internal consultant and facilitator.
- All other duties, as assigned by region and corporate team, which will include office adminstration and local filing.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a Maturity Certificate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process.
- Must meet the country's age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Czech Republic.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's Degree Required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Economics with at least five years of Czech accounting and business management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Czech and/or Multi-country (European) accounting experience.
- A quantitative approach to business operations and financial analysis.
- Client contract experienced a plus.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and taxes.
- Thorough understanding of accounts receivables.
- ERP system experience.
- Experience with Oracle ERP system is a plus.
- Serve as an effective team leader and business mentor.
- Able to recommend and implement process improvements.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Effective communication skills, at all levels within the organization, and across diverse cultures.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- You express yourself perfectly in Czech and well in English.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.