Security Programs Manager
Sydney, New South Wales - Australia
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Security Programs Manager is responsible for managing the client's regional security programs. The Programs Manager ensures that corporate security programs are tracked maintained and executed in line with regional and global requirements.
The role supports the APAC regional manager, to proactively take ownership and deliver services effectively, to coordinate, develop, and support security operations. The Programs Manager is responsible for developing, initiating, maintaining, and promoting security projects and program updates and to communicate regionally and globally to promote efficiency and cohesiveness of security programs and projects.
span style="font-size:14px;">span> span style="font-size:12px;"> span> span style="font-size:12px;">All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, i
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Ensure decision-makers have the information they need when they need it, this includes promoting, automating, and simplifying processes to manage data streams and provide reports outlining information used to gauge Corporate Security performance.
- Ensure that security projects and deliverables are completed within appropriate timelines and scope.
- Meet regularly with global project managers and teams to track milestones and update tasks.
- Create new projects, bring project requests to the team for debate and inclusion/exclusion.
- Support special project initiatives with information and task management for strategic business and operational goals.
- Facilitate communication and information management to provide leadership with up to date information on ongoing projects and goals.
- Assist with position-related projects at varying levels of involvement from consulting to complete project management/oversight.
- Review and update existing security-related documentation on a routine basis;
- Identify areas of improvement and align procedures with global standards.
- Work with the APAC security team to anticipate, identify, and evaluate emerging risks and develop/update operational procedures.
- Support security team programs and training courses to enhance operational skills and service delivery outcomes.
- Regularly communicate with Global Security on operational challenges, ideas, and initiatives.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a Higher School/Year12 certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age requirements.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Australia.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Must have a Higher School/Year 12 Certificate or equivalent with relevant experience.
- Knowledge of emergency/disaster management, corporate and physical security practices, risk mitigation and business resiliency.
- Supervisory experience.
- Able to implement process changes with innovation and creativity.
- Able to work in and define ambiguity/gray areas.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines under stressful situations.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to coach and motivate individuals to correct or improve performance.
- Strong client orientation and results-driven
- Able to influence key business partners.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Computer skills; Advanced Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.