Human Resources Specialist- Europe
Prague, Praha 5 - Czech Republic
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Human Resources Specialistwill initially support a large recruiting project for a specific client within the Czech Republic. This project will require coordination and communication with the HR Director- Europe and the Global Director- Talent Acquisition regarding the project details, understanding and execution of Pinkerton's global talent acquisition standards and successful completion of the expected hiring requirements. Long-term, the Specialist's focus will continue to include recruiting responsibilities as well as core HR tasks such as; employee relations, policy and benefit administration, employee life cycle management, and reporting.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition leadership regarding the initial Czech Republic recruiting project;
- Learn and consistently apply Pinkerton's Corporate guidelines, regional HR practices, and global Talent Acquisition standards within every recruiting activity, candidate experience, and new hire interaction.
- Responsible for active and passive candidate recruiting, phone screens, manager communication, requisition management, and completion of new hire and onboarding processes.
- Research and recommend additional recruiting sources to improve candidate quality and time to fill average.
- Communicate progress, challenges, suggestions to the Global Director- TA and HR Director- Europe to ensure the overall success of the project.
- Assist with the completion of the weekly Jobs Report.
- Partner with the Human Resources Director- Europe after the successful completion of the Czech recruiting project;
- Continue to support recruiting efforts across the region.
- Advise employees and management on the interpretation of human resources policies, programs and applicable laws/regulations throughout the region and serve as atrusted HR partner.
- Assist with the region's employment-related compliance, policy and benefit administration, and employee relations.
- Complete employee changes in a timely and accurate manner (terminations promotions, increases, and transfers) and prepare/send the necessary paperwork.
- Maintain employee data and documentation, as required by Company policies and country-specific laws/regulations.
- Regularly travel across the region to meet directly with client-embedded Pinkerton Dedicated Professionals (PDPs) to answer questions and solicit feedback.
- Assist with special projects and/or reporting, as requested.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a Maturity Certificate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug screen and/or background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the Czech Republic.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree with at least five years of multi-country (European) human resources and talent acquisition experience specifically within the Czech Republic, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Multi-country (European) human resources and talent acquisition experience, specifically within the Czech Republic.
- Effective planning, execution, and completion of complex projects.
- Able to carry out multiple assignments with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels of the organization and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.