Hillsboro, OR - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Security Manager, located on-site with a specific client, will develop and implement a high degree of effective security strategies and policies, oversee incident and crisis management activities, provide security-related counsel, and complete investigative and security assignments.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Work closely with the client's executives to understand requirements related to security and regulatory compliance and to map those requirements to current security projects.
- Provide on-going security-related advice/counsel.
- Evaluate changes to the client's environment for security impact and present findings to
- Develop, implement, follow-up, and review of security strategies, policies, and regulations.
- Conduct security analysis, audits, training, exercises, meetings, events, and travel security.
- Oversee the security incident response and crisis management activities.
- Conduct criminal and proprietary investigations;
- Complete interviews of subjects and witnesses.
- Gather evidence, classify, and differentiate investigative elements.
- Complete investigative reports in a thorough and professional manner.
- Manage scheduling and oversee support staff.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree preferred, and 5-10 years of security services experience (private, law enforcement, and/or military).
- Security, law enforcement, and/or military experience, preferred.
- Knowledgeable in security practices and strong program development and management experience.
- Oregon CHL and Oregon Armed DPSST preferred.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Incident and emergency response and crisis management experience.
- Crime prevention knowledge and strong investigative experience.
- Strategic thinker and analytical ability.
- Results-oriented and client focused.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable with and performing in executive setting.
- Able to identify and adapt quickly to emerging situations.
- Flexible; able to work independently or within a team environment.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.