Senior Technical Security Project Manager-India
Bangalore, Karnataka - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Technical Security Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of all physical security technology projects at all corporate client locations in India and South East Asia region as needed. The Manager ensures high-quality project execution while following the local government regulations, Client's global policies, standards, and procedures.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) function
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties, or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Build working relationships and coordinating activities between all stakeholders, internal customers, functional leaders, and peer groups to ensure that construction/renovation projects are programmed to correspond with the needs of users.
- Assumes primary responsibility for project functions associated with the technical security design and construction of new facilities/additions and major renovations for corporate facilities.
- Plan,direct and oversees all activities for assigned projects from program development, design, conformance with design specifications, budget guidelines, and compliance with all applicable building codes and regulations; collaborates with the project management team, consultants, architects, engineers, contractors, and subcontractors involved with the assigned project(s).
- Manage a team of employees, contractors, vendor partners, and monitor construction/maintenance schedule, and notify all parties involved of any deviations from the original schedule.
- Responsible for the development of the project budget and schedule.
- Monitors project expenses and ensure that all costs are in conformance with the project budget. Anticipates potential cost overruns and discusses justification and supporting documentation with the leadership.
- Manage the pre-construction planning process by involving customers, and necessary teams in the development of project requirements including evaluation of proposed sites, coordinate risk assessments, survey of existing security systems, establishing the scope of work, formulating work plans, developing cost estimates and project schedules, and keeping other stakeholders up-to-date throughout the project
- Establish, maintain, conduct, and supervise detailed procedures for the submittal, review, coordination, approval, and distribution of shop drawings, samples, etc.
- Establish and maintain all project files related to subcontract and bid package records, plans, specifications, changes, clarifications, and as-built documents.
- Review all vendor schedules and prepare the general schedule as coordinated with the Project Manager.
- Prepare scopes of work, budgets, review and procure bids, and prepare and administer contracts
- Ensures completion of all post-construction requirements for occupancy, including any necessary certificates, inspections and insurance confirmation.
- Responsible for ensuring that the technical security systems are efficient, serviceable and yielding desired results. This involves managing in-house technical teams, external on-call support, annual maintenance contract performance, inventory control, and evaluation.
- Increase the security system operational effectiveness, improve stability and reduce mechanical and nuisance alarms, reduce failure and downtime and manage and implement improvement plans, driving SLAs, KPIs, and by conducting MBRs and QBRs.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a Graduate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and/or background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in India.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Engineering, Architecture, or related field, or equivalent experience with a minimum of ten years' experience in technical security, project management, and hands-on experience in electronic security systems and components
- Strong technical security and project management background.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- A minimum of 10 years working with physical security design and implementation of Access Control/Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs/projects of medium to large scale that are complex in nature.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret program objectives and the compilation of and adherence to project timetables.
- Ability to travel throughout the region 20-25%.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals regarding physical security standards and designs.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Prince 2 or similar project management qualifications.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Understanding of international relationship building and development of cross-functional/peer relationships
- A results-oriented person with strong delivery focus who can work independently and collaboratively with global teams
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Experience writing and publishing security standards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are critical, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze semi-quantitatively, problem-solve, scope.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time with little to no notice.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.