Executive Protection Agent (Part-time)
Oakland, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Executive Protection Agent will provide for the welfare, physical protection, and security of a high profile client by performing armed andor unarmed executive protection assignments.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide close protection and other security-related functions for the client during domestic and/or international assignments;
- Lead counter surveillance operations.
- Perform protective advance planning and threat vulnerability assessments.
- Transport the client and/or family members to events and appointments, using evasive and/or defensive driving tactics, as needed.
- Effectively manage the client and/or their family/representative requests against the need to ensure all safety and security precautions.
- Respond to emergencies and perform medical operations, as needed.
- Deescalate tense situations or individuals that arise at the client's residence and/or events;
- Communicate vulnerabilities or safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Complete suspicious activity reports, incident reports. shift logs, pattern of life reports, medical treatment reports, and other administrative requirements.
- Ensure vehicle is in clean and safe operating conditions at all times.
- Assist with protection schedules and team assignments.
- Operate and maintain protective, operations, and communications equipment;
- Promptly identify and escalate deficiencies/failures.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have applicable state and local license/permits to carry a concealed firearm.
Bachelor's degree with at least two years of executive protection experience including advance planning, surveillance and counter surveillance operations, and security driving for high net-worth clients.
- California Guard Card, Exposed Carry Permit, and CCW.
- Executive protection experience with high net-worth principals.
- Defensive driving tactics training/experience.
- International experience, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective independent judgment/decision-making and problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Concierge-level customer service skills.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting, standing and/or walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- 24/7 availability.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.