San Luis Potos�, San Luis Potos� - Mexico
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Security Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision, maintenance, and development of the client's surveillance activities, personal safety of suppliers, contractors, visitors, and facilities, as well as the protection of confidential information.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately.The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures.In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Oversee the access control of IGO as well as fire and emergency alarm systems.
- Oversee the company-owned vehicles including the assignment of parking spots.
- Manage and training of the emergency brigades.
- Coordinate the transportation process of local and/or foreign visitors, customers, employees and suppliers.
- Oversee security equipment:
- Review CCTV system to ensure it is operational and provides the best view of the incidents. Randomly throughout the shift, monitor the CCTV cameras.
- Receive notifications via cellphone regarding employees, customers or visitors that do not have a badge for access to the building and verify that each person requesting access is authorized to be in the building.
- Maintain presence and interaction:
- Answer security-related questions.
- Investigate suspicious activity; both inside and outside of the buildings.
- Be the point of contact for law enforcement, fire or medical personnel.
- Conduct basic investigations and risk assessments, as required, and provide written reports to the client, and Pinkerton.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a Preparatoria/Bachillerato certificate.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Mexico.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
College degree or five years of experience in security or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Security training experience.
- Bilingual skills; English and Spanish.
- Able to follow operation plans and manage trip requirements.
- Good judgment and decision-making ability during stressful or emergency situations.
- Able to work with little supervision with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Customer focused and attentive to detail.
- Strong project management skills.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- Serve as a positive team leader.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and/or walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.