Event Risk Manager
Redmond, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Event Risk Manager (ERM), assigned to a specific client, is responsible for working closely with client marketing teams to align security services and business continuity infrastructure at various corporate events. The ERM resources and manages security at various locations to protect people, assets, and intellectual property. The ERM will be responsible for all aspects relating to security preparation and delivery of quality service at client events.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Manage end-to-end project deliverables in support of the security function at client and partner events.
- Plan, coordinate, consult, and manage all security aspects of client corporate events, to include liability compliance, budgeting, price negotiations, and invoicing.
- Develop mitigation strategies at event sites.
- Identify a need for and assist with development of directives to support client assets.
- Display willingness to challenge status quo; innovate and introduce new ideas aligned to the client's culture.
- Apply understanding of differences in standards and culture.
- Provide communications regarding high risk/high visibility events to Global Security Management and upper echelon client Executives.
- Assist in the development of long-term security strategies for client events and security services.
- Build relationships with staff and business leaders.
- Coordinate security efforts with private security agencies and venues.
- Strategic sourcing, vendor identification, and management.
- Coordinate security efforts with local, provincial, regional, and national law enforcement agencies.
- Provide comprehensive risk analysis and threat assessments for high priority/high risk client events.
- Promote the Security function as subject matter expert within the client environment.
- Assist with business continuity and emergency management related to events in the region.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree in communications, business administration, international affairs, or marketing. Experience managing decentralized international teams of varying sizes and compositions preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Event Security Management and/or Military Special Operations experience are also a plus.
- Able to work as an integrated member of a cross functional team.
- Display a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Able to influence expectations and diminish conflict at all levels.
- Able to effectively collaborate with other Global Security Teams.
- Able to identify risk and define mitigation measures with a proactive mindset.
- Project management experience.
- Strong leadership and sound judgment.
- Positive mental attitude and an untiring work ethic.
- Budget assessment experience preferred.
- Service-oriented/customer-driven approach; engaging personality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Solid decision-making and judgment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Able to quickly understand the organization's culture and align processes and programs.
- Able to travel 40%, sometimes with very little notice.
- Maintain a valid passport and the ability to travel internationally.
- Foreign travel and regional area knowledge, prior residency abroad, cultural intelligence, and foreign language proficiency are highly desirable.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to seamlessly adapt to stressful and unexpected situations.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel 40% of the time, sometimes with short notice.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.