Senior Event Risk Manager
Redmond, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Event Risk Manager (SERM), assigned to a specific client, is responsible for strategic planning and integration of security services associated with client consumer, partner, and internal events worldwide. The SERM is directly accountable to the client and must maintain continuous standards of operation in a cross-cultural and multi-echeloned business environment to ensure maximum return on investment without compromising safety or security.
This position is also required to establish and maintain relationships within the client, external security, and logistics vendors, as well as identify and influence emerging business lines within the company. The SERM will adjust the event security team's infrastructure to accommodate the client's needs.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Direct the client Global Event Security Team.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for the team.
- Review Contracts.
- Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Forecasting need.
- Analysis and cost diversion for vendor services.
- Create and implement metrics defining operational performance;
- Use metrics as a tool to assist with market development.
- Conduct analysis on cost savings and avoidance; show market trends.
- Create BI model to show consistency of services with marketing trends.
- Understand, leverage, and communicate with other client Global Security teams.
- Identify and engage internal business lines to maximize client Global Security assistance; align security strategies to business groups while enabling their business objectives; refine when necessary.
- Manage various projects during their lifecycles to ensure proper communication to stakeholders, deliverables are met, timelines are managed, and costs are maintained.
- Develop and mentor team members; serve as quality control for permanent and temporary personnel who operate in the capacity of an event security team member.
- Challenge status quo.
- Apply cultural and emotional intelligence.
- Display business acumen of client products and services.
- Develop, implement, and revise (as needed) the team's standard operating procedures.
- Provide communications regarding high risk/high visibility events to client Global Security Management, their partners, and local support agencies.
- Oversight, coordination, consultation, and management of all security aspects of client events, to include liability compliance, budgeting, price negotiations, and invoicing.
- Be able to perform in any capacity on the team;
- Respond to emergencies and incidents in accordance with policy, procedures, or standards of operation.
- Maintain Situational Awareness of Global incidents that may affect the client.
- Coordinate and manage security efforts with private security agencies and venues, as well as local, provincial, regional, and national law enforcement agencies.
- Strategic sourcing, vendor identification, and management.
- Able to identify risk and define mitigation measures with a proactive mindset.
- Assist with business continuity and emergency management related to events in the region.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree in communications, business administration, international affairs, or marketing or an equivalent combination of work and education. 10 years of project leadership experience managing decentralized international teams of varying sizes and compositions preferred.
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
- Display a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Trade Show Management and/or Military Special Operations experience.
- Able to influence expectations and diminish conflict at all levels.
- Able to effectively collaborate with other Global Security Teams.
- Able to identify risk and define mitigation measures with a proactive mindset.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Excellent leadership and sound judgment.
- Engaging communicator with ability to influence senior leadership.
- Positive mental attitude and an untiring work ethic.
- Budget assessment and forecast planning experience preferred.
- Service-oriented/customer-driven approach; engaging personality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Solid decision-making and judgment.
- Able to quickly understand the organization's culture and align processes and programs.
- Able to travel 30%, sometimes with very little notice.
- Maintain a valid passport and the ability to travel internationally.
- Five or more years of international business experience highly desirable.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to seamlessly adapt to stressful and unexpected situations.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel 30% of the time, sometimes with short notice.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.