Pune, Maharashtra - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Intelligence Analyst (IA) based in India, supplies, and maintains analytical services on geopolitical and security developments in assigned regions. The IA will detect, analyze, and advise on adverse conditions that could affect our safety, security, and operational continuity. These conditions include but are not limited to political instability and unrest, crime, terrorism, governance risks, and brandreputational risks.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Detect, analyze, and advise the client on regional adverse conditions including political unrest, crime, terrorism, governance, and brand risk.
- Plan, research, and write regular analytical reports delivering actionable insights.
- Provide high quality and value-driven results.
- Actively monitor regional security incidents to determine potential impact and maintain an awareness of strategic trends throughout the region.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret complex data with a strong understanding and application of analytical techniques.
- Conduct strategic analysis on large data sets to include metrics, physical security trends, aggregate incidents, and crime statistics.
- Identify gaps in current analysis products and develop new solutions, methodologies, and products to help improve reporting, especially with regards to data-driven analysis.
- Represent the organization at conferences, working groups, and planning sessions.
- Support travel protection initiatives through the preparation of location threat briefs, and performs other duties as assigned.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a Graduate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in India.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree or higher in history, political science, international relations with a minimum of two years of relevant experience. Other subject degree holders are encouraged to apply but must demonstrate effective communication skills and knowledge of world affairs. A degree from an international university or international residence experience is an advantage.
- Minimum of two years of intelligence analysis experience in a corporate enviornment preferabely.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Competency in reading and speaking any of the following regional Indian languages- Marathi, Telugu, Kannada or Tamil.
- Competency at an intermediate or advanced level in the following languages will be an advantage- French, Arabic, and Spanish.
- Broad understanding of intelligence in world affairs.
- Operational familiarity in position-specific regions, preferably with an existing network of contacts.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Clarity of thought and analytical flare.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with producing interactive data visualization using Tableau.
- Experience in data mining methods and demonstrated the ability to interpret complex data.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated sound judgment in emergency situations requiring regulatory considerations.
- Be available on call, as directed (infrequent).
- Ability to travel to domestic and international events as per situational requirements.
- Serve as an effective and positive team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office. Experience with OSINT tools including Dataminr, Tweetdeck, mapping software are highly desirable.
- Data visualization skills including through Tableau; highly desirable.
- Experience in dashboard development and security operations will be an advantage.
- Must be ready for rotational weekly offs, 5 days in a week.
- Flexible to be available during irregular working hours based on business needs.
- Serve as an effective team player.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards which may include background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- On-call availability, and capability of handling irregular working hours (occasional).
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint), Google Chrome, Drive.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.