Chief Security Manager - Executive Protection
Bangalore, Karnataka - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Chief Security Manager-Executive Protection, located on-site with a specific client, will be responsible for all aspects of the corporate security programs, personnel, contractors, and consultants. The Manager identifies security risks, threats, and vulnerabilities as well as the prevention and protection of the client's employees, assets, property, product, and brand reputation.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) function
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties, or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop strategies to identify, assess, prevent, protect, and mitigate all risks, threats, and vulnerabilities to safeguard people, assets, products, and property.
- Maintain continuity of operations and ensure profitability.
- Develop, implement, manage, advise, survey, and/or audit all security programs, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as the central resource, responsible for promoting consistency in the client's physical security policies, procedures, and practices for protection confidence and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and other compliance requirements.
- The contract for, manage, develop, and/or provide performance oversight for all security service providers, consultants, and contractors.
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of all security programs and personnel.
- Support leadership in the development and maintenance of business continuity and crisis management/incident command programs including planning and conducting exercises with local first responders.
- Ensure that the client's security programs meet or exceed industry practices and standards as well as applicable federal, state, and local regulatory expectations.
- Monitor and stay current with security-related proven practices and technology.
- Regularly travel between client locations.
- Coordination of all Executive Protection Services – To include.
- Executive Services team scheduling.
- Determining when additional EP agent coverage is needed.
- Supervision of all EP Team members, to ensure the team is preforming specifically assigned duties.
- Maintaining an accurate schedule of Client daily activities and ensuring adequate Executive Protection coverage is provided.
- Strategically providing personal protection for Client (while this duty is a secondary focus as typically the EP agent(s) will focus on this task, it is a must that the EPPM maintains proficiency in the EP core competencies and an adequate comfort level to communicate.
- Conduct Security Advances, again this may be a secondary duty but the EPPM must be actively involved in the protection duties.
- Threat Assessment and Threat Management for Threat of Violence against Client, close family, and or other executives. EPPM shall partner with internal stakeholders for the collection of data and work with Pinkerton field offices to conduct preliminary threat assessment investigations. EPPM shall coordinate and communicate with key stakeholders so that all parties can make informed decisions on appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Working with Pinkerton field office for Protective Intelligence Support for foreign travel.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a Graduate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in India.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree in business/security management, law enforcement, or a related field. A minimum of ten years in the security environment is a must. Served in elite force such as National Security Guards or handled/trained in a similar environment.
- Extensive senior executive management security experience.
- Strong experience in the development and management of security practices and programs.
- Guard force management, preferred.
- Results-oriented and commitment focused.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and project management skills.
- Able to interact effectively, both written and verbal, at all levels, and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolve.
- Able to implement operational changes within the external/internal environments.
- Serve as an effective team player.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards which may include background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.