Program Development Director
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Program Development Director will focus on the strategic advancement of Pinkerton's Ambassador and Affiliate programs. The Director serves as the front facing liaison to identify and engage with potential independent security consultant partners though the program(s) application process. This role reviews industry trends in order to recommend program improvements, educates and nurtures partnerships to grow with Pinkerton, and provides financial reporting to document business results.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Understand the current state of Pinkerton's non-employee Ambassador and Affiliate revenue programs;
- Provide recommendations for future state enhancements and best practices to improve the overall success of both programs.
- Identify and engage with potential independent corporate risk management consultant partners through Pinkerton's program application process;
- Provide detailed information on the programs' differences and benefits.
- Communicate timely information regarding the application requirements and approval steps.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure the timely review and final determination of partner applications.
- Manage on-going Affiliate and Ambassador partner relationships through a proactive and strategic long-term approach.
- Collaborate with Marketing to create collateral for both programs.
- Analyze and prepare quarterly financial metrics reports related to the programs' overall success as well as individual partnerships' impact on business results.
- Complete regular partnership meetings to review results, request feedback, and provide recommendations for future improvements;
- Communicate partners' feedback to senior leadership and suggest enhancements for both programs.
- Educate program partners on new Pinkerton services and products and answer associated questions.
- Become the Affiliate and Ambassador subject matter expert.
- Act as a liaison with all internal personnel regarding these and other external-facing programs.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred, with at least five years of multinational corporate product development and management experience.
- Multinational corporate product development and management experience.
- Understanding of the risk management industry.
- Business development experience, preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to analyze current and future industry trends and recommend program solutions.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Consistently delivers on commitments and achieves expected business results.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.