Regional Security Operations Centre Manager
Prague, Praha 13 - Czech Republic
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Regional Security Operations Centre Manager will manage the operational services delivered by the SOC Operators within the GPS control room across all sites for the EMEA region. The Manager uses established best practices to ensure the physical safety and security of the client's employees, buildings, and assets.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Manage up to 15 SOC Operators, in shift patterns as required (8-hour shifts).
- Liaise with other Security Operations Centres (R/GSOC) within the SOC network and ensure best practices are maintained throughout the network.
- Ensure a high level of service to local and remote sites and staff with the emphasis on the security and safety of staff, assets, and information.
- Provide effective direction and management of all SOC technologies including network video and access control.
- Lead the response and provide direct action for incidents and alarm activation.
- Formulate Management Information (MI) and reports and share with GPS management on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Direct the liaison with emergency services and other monitoring agents, as required.
- Manage and be accountable for digital media evidence.
- Manage and be accountable for the collation and viewing of network video images in response to incident investigation in line with associated code of practice.
- Under minimal supervision, determine the appropriate response to each reported incident.
- Maintain active awareness for self and team, of the monitored environment, to promote safe and effective working.
- Maintain a conscientious and proactive approach to work to achieve excellent standards for them and their team.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree and four or more years of security monitoring experience (including two years in management), or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- English language skills required; secondary languages, preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to adapt the approach based on the individual and situation, which may be stressful.
- Proficient IT applications experience and evidence of data entry and retrieval, and keyboard skills.
- Understanding of video, access, and guard management systems.
- Understanding of Genetec, C-Cure, Trackforce or similar integrated systems is preferred. Experience with other systems is a must.
- Basic security analysis, incident assessments and triaging reports experience.
- Able to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports, as required.
- Knowledge of some technical elements associated with security systems such as IP networks, servers, and LAN/WAN.
- Knowledge of data protection policies such as GDPR and the need to keep sensitive information secure.
- SIA license (or country equivalent), preferred.
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD).
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent, sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- 24/7 availability to ensure the safety and effective operations of the business.
- Travel within EMEA region and other international locations, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.