Prague, Praha 5 - Czech Republic
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Security Operator will monitor security technologies, coordinate and respond to incidentsalarms, assist with travel requests, and complete security-related reporting within the GPS control room across all sites for the EMEA region The Operator uses established best practices to ensure the physical safety and security of the client's employees, buildings, and assets.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Oversee the daily operation of the SOC, in shift patterns as required (8-hour shifts).
- Provide a high level of service to local and remote sites and staff with the emphasis on the security and safety of staff, assets, and information.
- Monitor operational network video cameras.
- Operate all SOC technologies including network video and access control.
- Coordinate direct action and responses to incidents and alarm activation.
- Compile reports for the SOC Shift Manager to share with GPS management on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Provide high quality written and verbal reports, as requested.
- Complete telephone inquiries.
- Maintain accurate logs of events.
- Liaise with emergency services and other monitoring agents, as directed.
- Assist in the collation and preservation of digital media evidence.
- Assist in the collation and viewing of network video images in response to incident investigation in line with associated code of practice.
- Identify and promptly respond to any system anomalies.
- Support the SOC Shift Manager in monitoring regional travel requests and travel movements.
- Under minimal supervision determine the appropriate response to each reported incident.
- Maintain active awareness of the monitored environment to promote safe and effective working.
- Maintain a conscientious and proactive approach to work to achieve excellent standards.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have aMaturity Certificateor equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which mayincludedrugtestingand/orbackground investigation.
- Mustmeet the country's age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work inCzech Republic.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree and two or more years of security monitoring experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- English language skills required; secondary languages, preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to adapt the approach based on the individual and situation, which may be stressful.
- Proficient IT applications experience and evidence of data entry and retrieval, and keyboard skills.
- Understanding of video, access, and guard management systems.
- Understanding of Genetec, C-Cure, Trackforce or similar integrated systems is preferred. Experience with other systems is a must.
- Basic security analysis, incident assessments and triaging reports experience.
- Able to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports, as required.
- Knowledge of some technical elements associated with security systems such as IP networks, servers, and LAN/WAN.
- Knowledge of data protection policies such as GDPR and the need to keep sensitive information secure.
- SIA license (or country equivalent), preferred.
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD).
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent, sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- 24/7 availability to ensure the safety and effective operations of the business.
- Travel within EMEA region and other international locations, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.