Geospatial Data Specialist
Redmond, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Geospatial Data Specialist is responsible for supporting the Global Security team with assessing, manipulating and modifying geospatial third-party data sets to create alignment with schema.
Employees are held accountable for successful jo
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Support the client's Global Security team by manipulating geospatial data sets in ArcGIS or relevant mapping software.
- Ability to analyze the components of a shapefile and other standard formats for data quality.
- Recognize appropriate data projection for data sets based on location and standards.
- Evaluate geospatial data sets for freshness, quality and accuracy.
- Research open source geospatial basemap data sets and evaluate for quality.
- Respond to geospatial data providers questions using industry knowledge and customer care.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward partners at all times.
- Use mapping tools and GIS experience to continually improve mapping accuracy and edits.
- Analyze mapping data and make decisions based on policy to complete mapping workflows.
- Maintain geospatial documentation to ensure partners and stakeholders are informed of standards and required schema.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative insights to mapping processes as part of post-project analysis or deep-dive.
- Intake, research and drive proactive strategies to further the goals of Global Security.
- Run QA tools and answer key quality questions about workflows.
- Enter key mapping metadata and other information as requested with high accuracy.
- Handle complex and time-sensitive geospatial data modeling questions.
- Proactively identify and raise systemic problems with tools or processes.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
High School Diploma or GED with 6 months to 2 years of experience in related work. Previous experience in the security field a plus. Advanced proficiency in GIS data processing is required including coursework and/or previous work in ArcGIS, ArcOnline and other ESRI solutions.
- Proficiency in GIS mapping tools and experience /course work in ArcGIS.
- Previous experience in a Global Security environment preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Able to manage and maintain confidential and sensitive information effectively.
- Able to cultivate relationships with key stakeholders across functions to achieve business objectives and drive strategic change.
- Familiarity with Physical Security initiatives including life safety, asset protection and threat management.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Advanced proficiency of SQL, Data Mining, and Power BI.
- Familiarity with SharePoint, Dynamics 365, Power Apps, Microsoft Flow and other Microsoft technologies.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Comfortable with a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to manage multiple assignments with competing deadlines and under stressful conditions.
- Ability to work independently and remotely, troubleshoot problems with minimal oversight.
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work remotely.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.