Hyderabad, Telangana - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: TheIndia BAC Supervisor leads the day to day activities of assigned shifts in the client's alarm monitoring center (BAC). This position is responsible for line-level supervision of up to ten BAC Operators. The BAC Supervisor assures that all BAC positions are staffed with qualified personnel and that all operations are conducted in line with established policy and procedure.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Receiving shift pass down information, and conducting shift briefings to provide updates, assignments, training, and uniform compliance.
- Maintaining situational awareness of natural and man-made events that may compromise the safety and security of personnel, business operations, and infrastructure for client locations globally.
- Drafts and sends emergency mass notifications and other crisis communications.
- Ensuring that field personnel respond to all emergencies: medical, fire, hazardous materials, natural disasters, and accidents.
- Assisting the Client's security personnel with the development and/or revision of security operation center processes, protocols, and systems.
- Identifying and routing security for resolution of any nuisance or trouble (physical security) alarms.
- Provides back-up, support, and on-call function as-needed.
- Oversees quality control and oversight for all production, support, and staffing functions in conjunction with BAC Operations Manager.
- Directly assists in developing and maturing the capabilities of the BAC including support for operations and the intelligence/analytics areas.
- Supervise the maintenance and deployment of a BAC knowledge management dashboard (ex: SharePoint Site or other tool).
- Works with Operations Manager to identify process and quality improvements.
- Represent the BAC in meetings with client personnel.
- Triage and manage incidents of workplace violence or other associate misconduct.
- Developing and executing training for the Operators in all control room functions and conducting training exercises with the field leadership team.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a Graduate.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and/or background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in India.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Graduate with at least five years of experience in BMS/Command Centre/Security.
- Proven experience in Security Operations Center or dispatch capacity in a Supervisory role.
- Excellent instructional, customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- At least fiveyears of experience in security.
- Experience in conducting research/analysis.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, at times stressed work environment.
- Comfortable with a high-tech work environment and constant learning of new tools and innovations.
- Flexibility to work all shifts, and willingness to assist the team with overtime when needed.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Windows OS.
- Self-motivated, curious, and knowledgeable pertaining to news and current events.
- Good working knowledge of security systems for access control, CCTV systems, badging systems, alarm monitoring systems.
- A dependable team player with business maturity, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioural selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.