Security Operation Center Coordinator
Round Rock, TX - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Security Operation Center Coordinator, assigned to a specific client, will be responsible for account administration and the effective operations, communication and coordination with Security Operations Center (SOC) facilities globally. The Coordinator is responsible for global security services training and procedures, including crisis management, client service, problem resolution, and service delivery enhancement.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Develop strategies to identify, assess, prevent, protect and mitigate all risks, threats and vulnerabilities to safeguard people, assets, product and property; to maintain continuity of operations and ensure profitability.
- Assist in the selection, orientation, development, and retention of staff in compliance with applicable guidelines;
- Counsel Officers and supervisors regarding job performance.
- Administer disciplines as required, ensuring fair and equal treatment of all employees.
- Develop, implement, manage, advise, survey or audit all security programs, policies and procedures.
- Serve as the central resource, responsible for promoting consistency in the client's physical security policies, procedures and practices for protection confidence and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and other compliance requirements.
- Establish ongoing communication with senior leadership on the status of security issues, evolving risks and related recommendations.
- Contract for, manage, develop or provide performance oversight for all security service providers, consultants and contractors.
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of all security programs and personnel.
- Support leadership in the development and maintenance of business continuity and crisis management/incident command programs, including planning and conducting exercises with local first responders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate government and law enforcement agencies.
- Serve as lead or technical support for major incident investigations involving security and safety related issues.
- Monitor and stay current with security-related proven practices and technology.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree in business/security management, law enforcement, or a related field and three to five years of security management, Fusion Center or GSOC experience.
- Guard force management, training and team building experience.
- Results-oriented and commitment focused.
- Extensive corporate risk management experience.
- Strong experience in the development and management of corporate security practices and programs.
- Excellent planning and organization.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Able to interact effectively, both written and verbal, at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team member and project leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Able to implement changes to operations and external/internal environments.
- Experience with alarm monitoring systems such as Lenel/On-Guard and CCURE.
- Strong experience in handling crisis management and emergency situations.
- Experience with CCTV monitoring systems and ability to lead instruction.
- Extensive experience working and managing a global Operations and Fusion Center/GSOC.
- Strong experience managing, elevating, and alerting potential risks and/or security concerns.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.