Brand Protection Investigator
Dubai, Dubai - United Arab Emirates
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Brand Protection Investigator will support the client's Brand Protection team by collecting market intelligence, evaluating leads, completing due diligence and fact gathering assignments to protect and enforce the client's intellectual property rights within the UAE region.The Investigator is responsible for analyzing investigative information regarding sellingmanufacturing of counterfeit parts, supplier unauthorized sales and divertedparallel parts, and assist in the creation of brandtrademark awareness and dealer network.
li align="left"> All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essentia
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Collect market intelligence by means such as market surveys, trade show attendance, and engagement with company, dealer and authorized sales channel personnel.
- Evaluate leads as assigned, performing due diligence and fact gathering, leading to the development of report from which the organization can make an informed decision on formulating a plan of action.
- Conduct proactive and reactive investigations of counterfeit selling/manufacturing of parts in for the assigned market;
- Assist a network of investigators to address counterfeit activities.
- Coordinate third party covert investigations and coordinate warranted enforcement action.
- Assist local enforcement agencies and investigators as a subject matter expert.
- Serve as the single point of contact for Investigators regarding the management case files.
- Conduct proactive and reactive investigations of supplier unauthorized sales of client parts in the assigned market;
- Purchase parts and conduct analysis with the Brand Protection team and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop supporting investigative report.
- Issue Cease and Desist letters/written supplier notifications.
- Review and supervise supplier sales disclosures.
- Conduct supplier meetings and participate in supplier negotiations for settlement and financial recovery.
- Draft Settlement Agreements between supplier and client.
- Conduct proactive and reactive investigations of diverted and parallel parts in the assigned market;
- Investigate diverted/grey parts in the market.
- Utilize various customs reports to identify importers and sources of diverted/grey goods into the marketplace.
- Conduct dealer surveys to determine dealer purchase practices in the assigned market;
- Conduct dealer parts sourcing reviews/loyalty assessment.
- Investigate original source and distribution channels.
- Support field operations/warranty operations in part sales verification.
- Maintain the database for all investigations.
- Create reports for internal meetings with high level case recaps for the Brand Protection team and regional management.
- Represent the client's brands with anti-counterfeiting associations, participate in meetings, and support regional initiatives by the BPG Association and/or government agencies;
- Support marketing initiatives to promote genuine original equipment parts with consumers and dealer network.
- Serve as the primary interface with customs and other government enforcement agencies as the local brand SME, training, product verification and task force projects.
- Assist with the development of special projects, as needed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a Secondary School Certificate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United Arab Emirates.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree and three to five years of brand protection experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Brand protection investigation experience.
- Investigative techniques, strategies, and case management experience.
- Automotive parts manufacturing and/or distribution experience, preferred.
- Retail parts store experience, authorized dealership parts department work experience, and/or large wholesale/retail parts network operations, preferred.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and Arabic.
- Able to analyze complex data and develop innovative recommendations and solutions.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Strong client orientation and results driven.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, and/or kneeling.
- May be required to lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.