Regional Security Advisor
Redmond, WA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Regional Security Advisor is responsible to provide operational support and advice to the Regional Security Manager concerning the strategic and tactical application of physical security for all personnel and infrastructure.The Advisor is responsible for working directly with the client and other vendors to ensure accurate and timely delivery of services.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide operational support in the evaluation, development and execution of regional site security strategies.
- Oversee and support all agents/vendors ensuring they consistently meet/exceed project contracts and deadlines.
- Undertake site visits, as directed by the Regional Security Manager, to ensure the quality of;
- Site security survey plans
- Security assessments.
- Site specific risk/threat analysis.
- Training awareness programs.
- As directed by the Regional Security Manager, liaison with governmental, consular, and private sector agencies, to protect and enhance the client's security program and business accountabilities.
- Provide operational support and advice in relation to production quality to ensure the standards of service delivery, reporting, and budgetary objectives meet or exceed expectations.
- Provide operational support and advice to the RSM in the implementation of contingency plans, for the immediate resolution of strategic and tactical applications for regional security standards, policy and procedures.
- Provide operational support and guidance regarding intelligence related to security threats and emergency and contingency planning for stakeholders, executives, and employees.
- Provide operational support in the security vetting of individuals, teams, and vendors to ensure compliance with the client's policy.
- Actively support cross functional group processes, programs, and projects.
- Primary focus is Operational Security with possibility of supporting operational security related investigations as required.
- Provide operational support to the RSM for risk/threat assessments, demonstrate a problem-solving approach to preserving the business infrastructure at local and regional levels and making recommendations to support the strategic aims at global level.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree with two or more years of experience as a security advisor in corporate, public, or private organization's security department.
- Security advisor experience.
- Comprehensive security experience within a multi-site environment, in all phases of security, systems, procedures, investigations, legal issues, supervision and training.
- Knowledge of physical/operational security techniques.
- Experience in directing security activities at multiple geographic locations.
- Experience with internal security policies, procedures, and strategy.
- Security industry recognized qualifications, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extensive cultural & diversity awareness.
- Knowledge of risk management, security technologies, and processes.
- Experience with vendors, contractors, and law enforcement.
- Serve as an effective team leader.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of varied country practices and regulatory requirements.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.