Beijing, Beijing - China
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Communications Manager, located on-site with a specific client, is responsible for the organization's security communication strategy, messaging, awareness programs, and project initiatives.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Partner with regional external and internal Global Security customers to identify communications shortfalls and creating project plans to eliminate them.
- Determine project requirements and develop site specific marketing strategies around the deployment of new and existing messaging.
- Partner with the Global Security Communications team to carry out branding for new marketing initiatives.
- Assist the Greater China Region Operational Security Team in the maintenance and development of messaging and communications strategies.
- Assist in the development of site-specific campaigns focused on increasing security awareness.
- Manage delivery of complex projects/programs through completion.
- Identify ways to publicize security best practices.
- Assist Incident Management teams in communicating to internal and external audiences.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a Senior High School Graduation Certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and a background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age requirements.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in China.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree in Communications or Marketing (preferred) with three or more years of experience within a communications-based role. Experience working across Greater China Region in a multinational corporate/subsidiary work environment preferred.
- Fluency (both oral and written) in English and Chinese, ability to communicate in writing in Traditional Chinese would be an advantage.
- Clear understanding of Communications strategies and Marketing techniques.
- Understanding of security issues as well as interaction with law enforcement.
- Strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Solid problem resolution skills.
- Strategic thinker; able to develop actionable plans for execution.
- Able to manage security awareness programs at multiple sites dispersed over a wide geographic area.
- Able to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Effective leader and member of project teams.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards which may include background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and/or kneeling.
- Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Travel, as required.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.