Country Security Advisor
Munich, Bavaria - Germany
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Country Security Advisor provides operational support and advice to the Regional Security Manager for provision of the client's Regional Security, in accordance with policy, strategy, and allocated budgetary constraints.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide operational support in the evaluation, development, and execution of regional site security strategies including oversight of agents/vendors to ensure project contracts and deadlines are meet and/or exceeded;
- Assist with the security vetting of individuals, teams, and vendors to ensure compliance with the client's policies.
- Ensure clearly defined tasks are assigned, address development needs through training/coaching, and encourage collaboration in order to meet expectations.
- Support the development of external service optimization and ensure the process is fair and transparent.
- Complete on-site visits, as directed by the Regional Security Manager (RSM), to confirm the quality of site security survey plans and risk/threat analysis, security assessments, and training awareness programs.
- Coordinate risk/threat assessment reviews, as delegated by the RSM, at all levels, to review resource/project management and resolve internal and external issues/concerns.
- Assist the RSM in providing a business sustainable crisis incident network in support of all managers across the organization.
- Liaise, as directed by the RSM, with governmental, consular and private sector agencies within the region to protect and enhance the client's security program and business accountabilities;
- Serve as a highly knowledgeable resource for the client's Global and Regional Security teams as they actively seek and respond to requests of assistance from local law enforcement agencies.
- Maintain a strong communication network to include agencies with expertise in crisis management, risk assessment to terrorist threat, personal protection, and CBRN to protect the client's employees, customers, and infrastructure.
- Assist the RSM with the implementation of contingency plans for the immediate resolution of strategic and tactical applications related to regional security standards, policy and procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of effective security operations to ensure the safety of the client's personnel and their customers during the planning and preparation of all travel and business-related exhibitions.
- Provide feedback regarding intelligence gathered for protection of the highest security threat and emergency/contingency planning for the client's stakeholders, executives, and employees.
- Provide support in determining the requirements for overt/covert surveillance commensurate with customer requirements, both internal and external;
- Assess the need for close protection activity and determine the appropriate resource.
- Support established exercise programs to enhance knowledge and practical abilities regarding local legislation and procedures to ensure compliance and enhance customer confidence.
- Support the RSM in maintaining internal and external teams and business group networks that demonstrate and encourage a positive ‘can do' attitude to enable the achievement of the client's business objectives and efficiency;
- Actively support cross-functional group processes, programs, and projects.
- Collaborate with other Regional Security Advisors to ensure no duplication of work including internal/external training, project management, and strategic and/or tactical policies.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a Reifezeugnis/Abitur certificate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age requirements.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Germany.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree and five or more years of security management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Bi-lingual skills; fluent written and verbal English and German.
- Able to embrace change and leverage short and long-term business opportunities.
- Serve as a respectful, collaborative, and innovative team member.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, at all levels within the organization, and across diverse cultures.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to identify, define, prioritize, resolve problems, and draw supportable conclusions.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.