Access Control Specialist
Murrysville, PA - United States
The Access Control Specialist, assigned to a specific client, will monitor a specialized access control device. The Specialist will approve entry for cleared individuals, deescalate tense situations, and identify equipment malfunctions.This is a temporary, part-time position.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Monitor access control for all individuals entering the client's facilities.
- Ensure that no individual is permitted unless approved for entry.
- Notify responsible personnel in the event of a protocol breach with access control units.
- Identify and escalate equipment deficiencies/failures.
- Work with EHS or other responsible individual in the event of equipment malfunction.
- Deescalate tense situations or individuals that may arise.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
High School Diploma or GED with one to two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Concierge-level customer service experience.
- Access control systems experience.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.