Regional Security Advisor - Czech Republic
Prague, Beroun - Czech Republic
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Regional Security Advisor provides operational support to the Regional Security Manager regarding the strategic and tactical application of the client's physical security program within Czech Republic and parts of Eastern Europe.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide operational support in the evaluation, development, and execution of regional site security strategies including oversight of agents/vendors to ensure project contracts and deadlines are meet and/or exceeded;
- Assist with the security vetting of individuals, teams, and vendors to ensure compliance with the client's policies.
- Confirm clearly defined tasks are assigned, address development needs through training/coaching, and encourage collaboration in order to meet expectations.
- Support the development of external service optimization and ensure the process is fair and transparent.
- Ensure agencies address conflicts in a timely manner with consideration for other group commitments and accountabilities.
- Develop and maintain synergy with site security providers and facility managers to provide balanced program and operations support.
- Support the organization's training, development, and coaching programs to ensure both internal and external stakeholders are aware of the client's commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the achievement of high productivity results by ensuring service delivery standards, reporting, and budgeting objectives are meet and/or exceeded.
- Complete on-site visits, as directed by the Regional Security Manager (RSM), to confirm the quality of site security survey plans and risk/threat analysis, security assessments, and training awareness programs.
- As directed by the RSM, coordinate risk/threat assessment and provide recommendations at the local and regional levels which support the global strategy.
- As directed by the RSM, conduct risk/threat reviews to assess resources and resolve related problems/concerns, both internally and externally.
- Assist the RSM in providing a business sustainable crisis incident network in support of all managers across the organization.
- Serve as a highly knowledgeable resource for the client's Global and Regional Security teams as they actively seek and respond to requests of assistance from local law enforcement agencies.
- Maintain a strong communication network to include agencies with expertise in crisis management, risk assessment to terrorist threat, personal protection, and CBRN to protect the client's employees, customers, and infrastructure.
- Assist in the implementation of effective security operations to ensure the safety of the client's personnel and their customers during the planning and preparation of all travel and business-related exhibitions.
- Provide feedback regarding intelligence gathered for protection of the highest security threats and emergency/contingency planning for the client's stakeholders, executives, and employees.
- Provide support in determining the requirements for overt/covert surveillance commensurate with customer requirements, both internal and external;
- Assess the need for close protection activity and determine the appropriate resource.
- Support established exercise programs to enhance knowledge and practical abilities regarding local legislation and procedures to ensure compliance and enhance customer confidence.
- Support the RSM in maintaining internal and external teams and business group networks that demonstrate and encourage a positive ‘can do' attitude to enable the achievement of the client's business objectives and efficiency;
- Actively support cross-functional group processes, programs, and projects.
- Collaborate with other Regional Security Advisors to ensure no duplication of work including internal/external training, project management, and strategic and/or tactical policies.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have aMaturity Certificateor equvalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which mayincludedrugtestingand/orbackground investigation.
- Mustmeet the country's age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work inCzech Republic.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) and ten or more years of corporate security management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Comprehensive security management experience within a corporate multi-site environment.
- Security industry certifications, preferred.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and regional language(s).
- Able to embrace change and leverage short and long-term business opportunities.
- Serve as a supportive, collaborative, and innovative team member.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, at all levels within the organization, and across diverse cultures.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, ambiguous, and complex environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to appropriately define, prioritize, recommend, and resolve problems.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify task/priorities that bring value to the organization.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent, sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- 24/7 availability to ensure the safety and effective operations of the business.
- Travel within EMEA region and other international locations, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.