Quality Assurance Specialist
Gurgaon, Haryana - India
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Quality Assurance Specialist will be responsible for end-to-end testing of Pinkerton's web and mobile-based applications using automation tools.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Lead the test planning and execution for all phases of the development life cycle including Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Security Testing, and Acceptance Testing.
- Perform Functional Testing using Test Automation Tools like Selenium.
- Perform Performance Testing using any open-source tool.
- Design, develop, debug, and execute automated test scripts.
- Create high quality, maintainable, and performant test code.
- Design and Build test cases to test every aspect of the application.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Provide proactive advice and feedback throughout the software lifecycle for prevention and early correction of quality problems.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must be a graduate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in India.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or similar field with a minimum of four years of experience in software testing including Automated functional testing, Performance, Load, Security, Regression Testing of Web and Mobile applications.
- Strong experience in test planning and execution using test automation tools like Selenium.
- Experienced in performance testing and Security Testing.
- Must have the knowledge to write code that is focused on testability, robustness, and performance of the system.
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of QA practices and bug reporting standards is a must.
- Must have knowledge of what represents good software design.
- Depth knowledge in performance result monitoring and analysis part.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Prior testing experience in any of .Net stack-based application development is preferred.
- Integration of Test Automation with DevOps tools like Azure DevOps is a plus.
- Able to work independently and serve as an effective team player.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.