Senior Accounting Manager
Ann Arbor, MI - United States
The Senior Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing the Company's accounting functions for the Americas Region. This includes implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that ensure company assets are safeguarded and that all financial reporting meets all compliance-related standards.The position oversees all facets of accounting operations, including the monthly close cycle, internal and external financial reporting, internal controls, policy development, and communication with the parent company regarding financial results and reporting.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Manage, coordinate and provide daily work direction and/or oversight to daily, monthly and annual accounting functions including the processing of transactions, monthly and annual closes, preparing of financial statements and tracking, reconciling and balancing of general ledger accounts.
- Provide technical accounting GAAP/IFRS guidance and support to all company entities which may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
- Advise leadership of any areas of potential risk and provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Coordinate work, related to both internal and external audits, in the periodic review of the company financial records;
- Implement agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Interpret, develop, implement, and monitor accounting policies, processes, and procedures. Provide counsel on accounting-related issues, disclosure obligations related to business transactions, and financial statements.
- Work with the FP&A and internal leadership to analyze and interpret financial and operating data including performance benchmark reporting, market niche reporting, performance assessments, cost, contract pricing, profitability and wage analyses.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory reports and filings required for submission to federal and state agencies.
- Oversee all treasury functions including, daily cash management, cash forecasts, accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivables.
- Provide training, guidance, and direction to the Accounting team to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely, and knowledgeable manner;
- Adjust daily operations ensure the department's successful completion of assigned goals and objectives.
- Support accounting process improvements and change initiatives, streamlining processes, developing metrics, and creating efficiencies within the department.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred) in Finance, Accounting, or related field and at least five years of hands-on accounting experience within a global corporate environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Certified Public Accountant, preferred.
- Advanced hands-on accounting experience within a global corporate environment.
- Certified Public Accountant, preferred.
- Expert financial and analytical skills across multiple areas of responsibility including all GAAP, IFRS, and tax matters as well as statutory reporting; familiarity with SOC standards.
- Various regulatory filing and other compliance procedures experience.
- Heavy transactional environment experience.
- Strategic and operational financial experience.
- Experienced in scaling an organization, preferred.
- Able to lead and direct a high performing team.
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and accounting programs.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.