Security Manager- North China
Beijing, Beijing - China
The Security Manager- North China will drive the development and standardization of security policies and programs for safeguarding the client's APAC corporate business operations. The Manager is responsible for supporting security operations, safety, and business continuity and emergency response, as well as physical security design/installation at new sites.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and manage the creation and execution of security action plans including business continuity management (BCM), Business Impact Analysis (BIA), crisis management, and incident response.
- Support day-to-day security operations to include guard force management, alarm response, and special event management.
- Assess, evaluate, plan and arrange third party security services;
- Review, manage, and monitor the effectiveness of contracted security services/resources – through the use of Monthly Business Review (MBR), Quarterly Business Review (QBR) metrics.
- Conduct security threat/risk assessments and in consultation with the Business Assurance team deploy mitigating security measures to manage identified security threats/risks.
- Partner with various operations and HR stakeholders to develop and implement security awareness programs.
- Develop and oversee standard operating procedures for designs, configuration, and implementation of physical security systems for both people protection and the effective storage and management of prototype and other sensitive devices.
- Continuously review, implement and maintain effective security policies, procedures, and practices.
- Develop metrics to improve individual, team, system, and site performance;
- Establish and implement effective, predictable, and measurable procedures/processes to be communicated clearly among stakeholders.
- Conduct investigations, audits, special event coordination, and other safety, security, or business continuity efforts as business conditions warrant.
- Partner with management to create a security-conscious culture.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities in the new product development process.
- Monitor the security environment and take proactive measures to minimize the impact of adverse changes on all client corporate business locations within the APAC country area of responsibility.
- Provide timely security advice based on the assessment of security risks and threats to ensure informed business decisions.
- Provide input into and support security project designs and implementation including support of Construction Administration for security fit-outs.
- Create, establish, implement, and validate compliance with security programs across the security spectrum including physical security design standards, security awareness training, and emergency response.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age of majority requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in China.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Diploma and/or degree with at least five years of multinational corporate security and/or office administration with five to ten years of experience.Bi-lingual skills; English and Mandarin.
- Multinational corporate security and/or office administration experience.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and Mandarin.
- Knowledge of access control, CCTV, and alarm systems.
- Guardforce management experience.
- Lenel experience preferred.
- Understanding of employment legislation related to APAC security staff and their potential moves between providers.
- Strong project management skills.
- Intelligence interpretation, security/risk threats, and investigation management experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Possesses, or has the ability to develop, a network of key stakeholders within China.
- Knowledge of current security technology including Lenel.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of legal contracts, budgeting, and key terms.
- Customer-focused and detail orientated.
- Assertive and self-motivated.
- Able to work efficiently under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and the internet.
- Experienced in arranging international travel and conference calls.
- Serve as an effective team player.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards which may include background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and/or kneeling.
- Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.