Security Manager- Saudi Arabia
Riyadh, Ar Riyad - Saudi Arabia
The Security Manager, assigned to a specific client, will drive the development and standardization of security policies and programs to safeguard the client's corporate business operations within Saudi Arabia. The Manager is responsible for supporting security operations, safety, and business continuity and emergency response, as well as physical security design/installation within the country.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Establish and maintain close and collaborative working relationships with multiple cross functional teams and business stakeholders including, but not limited to, IT, Global Real Estate Facilities, Human Resources, Legal, etc.
- Responsible for day-to-day security operations which includes oversight of the Integrated Security Services portfolio.
- Assess, plan and arrange third party security services;
- Review, manage, and monitor the effectiveness of contracted security services/resources through the use of Monthly Business Review (MBR), Quarterly Business Review (QBR) metrics.
- Continuously review, implement, and maintain effective security policies, procedures, and practices.
- Develop performance metrics to track and improve individual, team, system, and site performance;
- Establish and implement effective, predictable, and measurable procedures/processes to be communicated clearly among client's stakeholders.
- Conduct initial workplace incident investigations (triage), site security audits, special event coordination and other safety, security, or business continuity initiatives.
- Confirm incident and crisis management response procedures are identified, documented, and understood by all key stakeholders.
- Engage the business and facilitate the development of Business Continuity plans, which are tested for critical business functions, and facilitate contingency arrangements and/or capabilities that are fit for purpose and present an effective response.
- Engage with business areas and customers to promote and provide awareness and training to drive consistency and compliance and achieve successful outcomes and foster a resilient client culture(to include Crisis Management, Incident Response and Business Continuity).
- Partner with critical functions to support the implementation of effective business continuity plans and facilitation of on-going testing.
- As action owner, understandthe vulnerabilities of the sites within their AOR.
- Identify, assess, and presentthe risks to the business leaders and proposing appropriate mitigating controls such as risk control treatment and action plans.
- Implementcontrols for the execution of risk treatment plans and update the risk register and risk heat maps accordingly.
- Monitoring effectiveness of controls.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a General Secondary Education Certificate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age requirements.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in Saudi Arabia.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
General Secondary Education Certificate or equivalent and/or degree with at least eight years of security management, law enforcement, business continuity, or military experience.
- Security management, law enforcement, business continuity or military experience.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and Arabic.
- Understanding of employment legislation related to country specific security staff and their potential moves between providers.
- Strong project management skills.
- Intelligence interpretation, security/risk threats, and investigation management experience.
- Familiarity with ISO standards (e.g., ISO/BS 25999, 22301, SRM 31000, etc.).
- Possesses, or has the ability to develop, a network of key stakeholders within assigned region.
- Knowledge of current security technology including Lenel.
- Effective problem resolution skills.
- Sound judgement and decision-making ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Basic understanding of legal contracts, budgeting, and key terms.
- Customer focused and detail orientated.
- Assertive and self-motivated.
- Able to work efficiently under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Experienced in arranging international travel and conference calls.
- Serve as an effective team player.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.