Palo Alto, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Investigative Analyst conducts various analysis and investigative services for a specific client within their Investigations Center. The Analyst will complete all-source research, gather pertinent data, review intelligence gaps, prepare briefs, prepare case files and complete associated investigations and reporting requirements. The position requires shift work.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Independently conduct investigations involving medium - high levels of complexity.
- Establish and manage investigative files for all new cases, including data input to keep files current.
- Conduct analysis and investigation services in a timely and professional manner with special attention to quality and accuracy.
- Conduct all-source collection and research, analyze, evaluate and integrate data from multiple sources;
- Identify intelligence gaps, and specify collection requirements, to produce assessments and recommendations.
- Prepare analyses, assessments, or other products by applying expert judgment and specialized experience in interpreting information and making decisions.
- Extract essential information and analysis from investigations and intelligence products and synthesizes the information into actionable reports.
- Ensure compliance with all components of client contract through appropriate measurements.
- Prepare case project plan and review with supervisor.
- Prepare and/or review all submitted analysis and investigative reports to ensure accuracy, research and investigative sufficiency and professional quality;
- Edit and correct, as necessary.
- Maintain a continued, positive relationship with the client through appropriate contact and the anticipation of service needs.
- Communicate all issues, related to the client relationship, with the appropriate management personnel.
- Participate in designated training sessions/seminars and review company training materials;
- Enhance professional competencies and ensure high quality investigations.
- Apply highly developed inductive reasoning skills to provide a proactive approach to potential threats.
- Provide analysis to guide decision makers.
- Identify information/security gaps.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, law enforcement, statistical analysis, related field or a four year degree from a national accredited program (any general science, research, social studies, science or cultural studies) plus seven years related experience (such as organized retail crime), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in national security or criminal intelligence analysis involving the principles, concepts, and methodologies of all-source intelligence analysis to research, evaluate, and integrate all-source data in the preparation and presentation of intelligence analytical products.
- Organized retail crime experience.
- Supply chain investigations experience, preferred.
- Corporate investigations experience, preferred.
- Tri-lingual skills; English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Strong interview/interrogation skills.
- Able to write detailed, accurate, complex investigative and business correspondence and present information in one-on-one and group situations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work under adverse and stressful conditions with little or no supervision.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Sound judgment and discretion.
- Able to organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team member and leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Able to implement changes to operations and external/internal environment.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Shift work including holidays, evenings, and weekends.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.