Ann Arbor, MI - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Instructional Designer will build engaging eLearning solutions and develop interactive videos and other visual designs using company brand guidelines to ensure consistency across all learning resources. The Designer collaborates with Pinkerton management and SMEs to identify the learning needs of the business and applies adult learning principles and best practices in instructional design.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Scope, design and deliver high quality and impactful learning content in a fast-paced environment that supports a global organization.
- Build engaging eLearning solutions using company brand guidelines to ensure consistency across all learning resources.
- Manage complex learning projects and deliverables with multiple business touchpoints.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify learning needs of the business and communicate regularly during the development process.
- Select, modify and create compelling content aligned to learning objectives.
- Build strong relationships with internal teams to leverage internal tools and resources.
- Conceptualize storyboards and work with Marketing to create effective instructional assets.
- Obtain and provide feedback critical to maintaining and improving documents and courses.
- Serve as a Pinkerton LMS administrator;
- Schedule new and existing employee training courses.
- Track course progress and communicate with participants and managers to ensure completion by designated deadlines.
- Create and run reports to track completion of courses.
- Provide technical support for login issues, course and LMS functionality.
- Apply adult learning principles and best practices in instructional design to all activities.
- Locate and edit images for learning material, content and training courses.
- Utilize Storyline Articulate, Captivate, After effects, Camtasia, and other technology-based authoring tools.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree (Master's degree, preferred) in Instructional Design with at least three years of experience in a related field. Must have at least two years of experience working with Storyline Articulate software and working knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Experience with Storyline Articulate software.
- Working knowledge of Adult Learning principles.
- Experience with a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Able to adapt quickly as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Effective independent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Able to handle unexpected challenges in a flexible and efficient manner.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.