Regional EHS Manager
Beijing, Beijing - China
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Regional Environmental Health & Safety Manager is designated to the Shanghai, Chengdu andBeijing and be based in Bejing. The Manager will analyze data, develop related processesprograms, and implement with internal stakeholder assistance, to ensure the achievement of global and area EHS goals and objectives. All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Analyze EHS data and information (e.g. EHS laws, regulations, benchmarking studies, industry best practices);
- Develop and implement programs to achieve global and area level EHS goals/objectives.
- Partner with stakeholders (Security, Facilities, HR, Workers Comp, etc.) to ensure information on EHS polices are communicated, implemented, and executed among employees, vendors and third-party contractors.
- Manage injury/illness and incident management processes.
- Conducting risk assessments of client's existing portfolio of corporate offices;
- Identify sources of EHS risk and develop remediation and mitigation plans.
- Assist in the response to emergencies and significant disruptive events impacting corporate office buildings.
- Develop processes and procedures related to EHS for designated region (Shanghai, Chengdu andBeijing) whenever needed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have Senior High School Graduate or equivalent qualification.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in China.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or EHS with a minimum of five years of Environment, Health and Safety experience within chemical or pharmaceutical industries.Bi-lingual skills; English and Mandarin required.
- Environment, Health & Safety experience.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and Mandarin.
- EHS professional qualification or certification, local or international and familier with Office EHS.
- Knowledge of emergency preparedness and management in commercial facilities.
- Commercial offices/labs, construction, and/or renovation of commercial facilities/labs experience.
- Thorough understanding of chemical safety management and EMS.
- Program management experience in Fall Hazard Control, Electrical Safe Work, Hazardous Energy Control (LOTO), Machine Safeguarding, Confined Spaces, Hot Work and System Impairment, and/or Fire Protection Systems.
- Previous work experience in a multinational organization, preferred.
- Results orientated and self-starter demeanor.
- Able to provide innovation and value to the EHS programs.
- Able to build relationships and positively influence decision-making.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Serve as an effective and positive team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.