Crisis Response Intelligence Analyst
Palo Alto, CA - United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Crisis Response Intelligence Analyst, assigned to a specific client, is responsible for triage and quality assurance for Social Good programs. The Analyst will primarily operate the Crisis Response product which allows users to mark themselves safe in a disaster. This role is required to proactively monitor global events, gather and disseminate information, assess the incident based on Standard Operating Procedures, and set up and monitor all Crisis Response systems. The Analyst will be required to creatively operate in uncharted areas of operations. special projects and other duties may be assigned, as needed.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Monitor open source platforms and analyze global events including its impact to assets.
- Monitor for threats against user's open source tools.
- Conduct damage assessments on natural and human-made disasters.
- Send communication to cross-functional partners and complete safety check activations.
- Create operational briefs for leadership, as requested.
- Develop forecast reports on global threats, as requested.
- Investigate potential malicious activity or miscommunication on crisis response user pages;
- Initiate appropriate actions, as necessary.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Master's degree in political science, international relations, philosophy, or other related studies, preferably accompanied by specific regional expertise (travel, education, language skills) with two or more years of experience with customer service background in a fast-paced environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company will be considered. This position may be a good fit for meteorologists and geologists.
- Customer service experience within a fast-paced environment.
- Open source research experience.
- Strong statistical and geospatial analysis experience.
- Background in disaster response experience such as with the Red Cross, FEMA, humanitarian aid, preferred.
- Travel, educational, and language experience abroad, preferred.
- Critical thinking and problem resolution skills.
- Knowledge of viewing graphic images/videos.
- Effective time management skills.
- Able to write clear and concise reports.
- Serve as an effective team player.
- Able to remain calm and professional within a fast-paced/high-stress situation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Position requires 24/7 operations including shift work (day, swing and grave with weekend coverage).
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
*Current employees include Pinkerton and all Securitas divisions.