Steve is a former Australian Law Enforcement Officer and Corporate Security Professional with a combined 25 years of industry experience. Steve has lived in the Middle East since 2008, working with Pinkerton since 2012.
- Served as a Detective in Australia with the Queensland Police Service where he completed 14 years’ service specialising in Criminal Investigation'
- Conducted criminal investigations from theft to homicide with additional specialist training in areas of Fraud Investigation, Auto Theft Investigation, Juvenile Justice & Child Protection work
Security & Risk Manager with the InterContinental Hotel Group’s largest global multi-site hotel property, IHG Dubai Festival City. Steve was responsible for the Risk Management and Asset Protection of the group portfolio over 5 x large scale properties which included a large manned Security Guarding operation, Risk & Security Auditing and Management of all Health & Safety programs.Since joining Pinkerton, Steve has gained valuable experience working in the Middle East conducting Audits, Due Diligence Investigations, Pre-employment screening, Intellectual Property Investigations & Insurance claims investigations. Steve has successfully managed Executive Protection details throughout Africa and the Middle East, often personally escorting clients in areas such as Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Lebanon and the UAE.
Education & Training
- Bachelor Public Safety & Security (Charles Sturt University)
- Advanced Diploma Public Safety (Police Investigations)
Complex Investigations, Team Leadership, Client Negotiations, Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Specialist Member of the International Institute of Risk & Safety Management (SIIRSM)
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Vice Chairman of the Dubai Chapter of the State Department Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) from 2009 to 2019
- Member of ASIS International
*Map not drawn to scale