Ross Byres is a security professional with extensive military and global experience in delivering security programs, crisis management, and business resilience to organizations. After relocating to the UAE in 2013, Ross trained and led a multi-disciplined team managing the installation and development of high-tech security systems on key projects throughout the Gulf, incorporating the latest technological advances in asset management security initiatives.
In 2015, Ross moved into the retail sector providing risk management solutions across 18 brands, three divisions, and six countries.
After joining Pinkerton in 2018, Ross conducted high-level risk assessments and implemented and managed complex Executive Protection requests in some of the most hostile and challenging environments in the world, and developed protocols and procedures, ensuring relevant and current environmental adaption.
- Managed 500 risk management and protective service vendors across 74 countries in the Middle East and Africa region, including Turkey and Pakistan.
- Increased turnover by 50% in 12 months by developing an international business model methodology to streamline and improve security planning and execution.
- Created a unique international training platform for the MENA region, bringing together various government agencies — such as police, aviation, and Coast Guard Authority — designed to deliver the best practices in risk resilience and crisis management.
Ross served a total of 13 years within the British military, deployed to several hostile environments such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Kosovo, and Northern Ireland. As a section commander in Afghanistan, he led and mentored some 150 Afghanistan National Army Soldiers during kinetic operations and successfully took part in countless military operations.
Prior to his relocation to the UAE, Ross worked alongside the Foreign Commonwealth Office in Afghanistan and Iraq, managing and outsourcing teams to provide extensive close protection to high level diplomatic clients for a global security solutions company. Ross further developed his Executive Protection experience and coordinated with Coalition forces for all movements and planned operations, adapting to the ever-changing threat landscape and constantly monitoring and reviewing intelligence/ incident reports.
Ross was employed in the UAE as Software Command and Control Manager for the Critical Infrastructure and Coast Guard Authority, where he created and developed training materials delivered to 2,500 system operators. Ross managed the delivery and development of consistent, high level training by a team of instructors as well as conducted on site security risk assessments for expanding sites.
Education & Training
- Prince 2 Certificate
- BTEC Level 4 Close Protection
- BTEC Level 4 Surveillance
- British Military Weapons Instructor (Skill at Arms B)
- CSMP ongoing
Protective services, evacuation planning, crisis management, surveillance, business continuity, event management
- ASIS International
- SIA — Security Industry Authority
*Map not drawn to scale