Melissa is a passionate security management professional with 20 years of experience protecting assets and educating business leaders about safety, security, and risk. Melissa is actively engaged in the industry and strives for the promotion of integrity and excellence in the profession.
- Global and regional security manager
- Designed threat management programs for multiple organizations
- Security management and criminal justice adjunct instructor
Melissa Mack’s work experience includes security management positions at global, regional, and local levels. Melissa has managed organizational security programs ensuring compliance with corporate, client, and regulatory requirements. She has developed and led workplace violence prevention programs responsible for threat management and training as well as participated in global, regional, and local incident management teams. She has experience managing physical security systems including access control, surveillance systems, alarms, and visitor management. Melissa has also managed global real estate projects, vendor relationships, security officer services, and physical security systems personnel. During her industry tenure, Melissa has also held various roles with several retailers developing and managing asset protection programs. These programs range from compliance, policy and procedure development, and training to investigations, fraud, and data analytics.
Education and Training
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) since 2013
- Master’s degree in Criminal Justice Leadership & Management from Sam Houston State University
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice from Sam Houston State University
- Advanced interview and interrogation techniques
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal certificate
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice Correctional Officer
Risk management, asset protection, data analytics, investigations, physical security, training & development, threat management, security awareness programs
- ASIS – Member (2011 – present), Nominating Committee GBOD (2019 – 2021), Austin ARVP (2021), Houston Chapter Chairperson (2020), WPV Prevention & Intervention Standards Technical Committee (2019 – 2020), APP Item Writing Committee (2018)
- ATAP – Texas chapter member (2020 – present)
*Map not drawn to scale