John Walker is the Director for Pinkerton in Atanta, Georgia. He is a Certified Protection Professional (CPP) with over 26-years of combined experience in law enforcement and organizational security. He has worked closely with diverse businesses, non-profits, faith-based organizations and educational institutions as a trusted advisor to build strong relationships that strategically support a holistic approach to identifing, preparing and mitigating organizational risks and threats.
- John spent 25-years in law enforcement serving in a variety of leadership roles, investigative assignments, and crisis and tactical team operations, at both a local and federal level
- Director of Security for one of the largest public K-12 school districts in the State of Michigan
- Enterprise security risk management consultant and adjunct professor
John began his career in local law enforcement serving the community in a variety of different assignments before being promoted to a senior leadership role. He has over 14 years of leadership experience managing operations and projects that have successfully integrated and enhanced organizational safety and efficiency. A passion to support clients unique organizational risk management needs and to develop strong client partner relationships brought him to the Pinkerton Team.
Education & Training
- Master of Science in Security Administration from the University of Detroit Mercy, with combined studies in Intelligence Analysis, Security Management, and Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Graduate of Northwestern University School of Police Staff and Command
Enterprise security risk management, intelligence analysis, crisis and emergency management, executive protection, risk consulting, workplace violence, investigations and leadership.
ASIS International, Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
*Map not drawn to scale