As Director for the Washington, D.C., field office, Jay is responsible for overseeing departmental operations and staff, business development, and global service delivery. He serves as a Trusted Risk Advisor by understanding clients’ unique needs and recommending world-class corporate risk management solutions.
Before joining Pinkerton, Jay held a variety of positions leading award-winning risk management, global security, crisis management, and business continuity programs for several multinational corporations in the aerospace and defense industries and the U.S. Federal Government. He is a veteran of the U.S. Army and Army Reserve.
- Established and led the Risk Management sector for Pinkerton’s affiliated company, Paragon Systems, a subsidiary of Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services (SCIS), specializing in the design and delivery of specialized security solutions to U.S. Federal Government and Defense Industrial Base (DIB) customers.
- Managed Lockheed Martin’s 24/7 global emergency operations center (GEOC); coordinated the Corporation’s response to over 100 incidents and events in 70+ countries.
- Oversaw a 24/7 cleared guard force and global security operations center (GSOC) at a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency’s headquarters; assigned as the emergency manager for all agency facilities in the National Capital Region.
- Served as the first Security and Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for the U.S. Courts in Washington, D.C. where he worked with federal and local law enforcement agencies to protect federal judges, court personnel, and courthouses.
- As a project manager and consultant, supported physical security, continuity of government, and emergency management efforts at the White House and other federal departments and agencies; participated in the development and implementation of national strategy and policy, department/agency emergency preparedness training and exercises, and operational plans for National Special Security Events (NSSEs).
Education & Training
- M.A. in Homeland Security, American Military University
- B.S. in Criminal Justice, George Mason University
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP)®, ASIS International
- Master Continuity Practitioner, Instructor, and Incident Command System (ICS) 100-400, Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Cybersecurity and insider threat program curricula, Harvard University, U.S. Department of Defense, and U.S Department of Homeland Security
Project management, risk assessments, executive protection, travel security, special event security, protective intelligence, investigations, crisis management, business continuity management, physical security, personnel security, operations security, information security, industrial security, supply chain risk management, insider threat mitigation, brand protection, regulatory compliance
- ASIS International
- Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC)
*Map not drawn to scale