Erika Koutrakis has a degree in International Relations & Security Studies, and began her career in Countering Violence Extremism (CVE) research in joint effort with Boston University and the Harvard School of Public Health. Within Pinkerton, Erika has held a position of an Agent, Operations Manager and Director. Erika currently leads the Chicago, IL office and is dedicated to providing enterprise-wide risk management solutions for her clients.
Built a successful career delivering business risk management services to New England and Midwestern markets:
- Conducting many crisis response operations and risk assessment audits
- Presented as closing note speaker in TAPA Europe 2018 and 2019
- Personally interviewed convicted terrorists to assist in the study of radicalization vulnerability factors
Erika led and supervised numerous projects in risk management, crisis response, supply chain protection, cooperate investigations and travel security protection including evacuations. Joanna has vast experience in the academic study of security, risk and response.
Education & Training
- BA in International Relations & Security Studies
- Teaching Fellow for Masters course on counterterrorism
- Research training at IHS Jane’s Defense’s Aviation and Defense Department (Couldson, UK).
- ASIS Certificate of Completion Threat Management Conference AUG 2018
Research and analysis, translations counterterrorism (radicalization and mobilization determinants), security audits, hostile terminations, national security policy and procedure.
- OSAC Constituent - Bureau of Diplomatic Security (Oct 2019 -)
- Certified Member - Women in International Security Global (April 2019-)
- Member of Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (Jul 2018-)
- Member and presenter at Transportation Asset Protection Association (Nov 2018-)
Fluent: English, Spanish, Greek
Professional knowledge of: Arabic (formal and Levantine)
*Map not drawn to scale